• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redraw bug: dragging groups with text layers with 'Blend RGB colors using gamma 1" enabled

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-09-08 18.39.56.png

Top: a simple text layer within a group

Bottom: the same layer after moving the group with the move tool.

+ happens ONLY if moving the group with the layer, moving the text layer itself works fine

+ nudging the group with the keyboard works fine

+ happens regardless of Font, weight, antialiasing etc

WHEN:

+ if 'Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma 1' option is checked in Color Settings

+ even with the above option disabled, if 'Blend Text Colors Using Gamma' is checked, regardless of the gamma value, the effect is there, barely visible

Adobe, fix this!

PC, Windows 10, latest video drivers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just tested with Photoshop version 21.2.2 on Windows 10 and can't replicate the issue, dragging the group has no effect on the text for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ged.

There is hope, then. Must be some option.

No setting should lead to this result, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

2020-09-08 18_02_38-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did. For some unknow reason it is less pronounced now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Using the keyboard to move the group works as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, I've found the problem. It's a bug associated with Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma 1 option.

Not a common option to use, I need it for some of my work, that's why it was enabled.

I have updated my initial post to reflect the findings.

Would you be a dear and replicate/confirm this issue?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue as well on the latest 23.5.0 release, under Monterey 12.5.1.

With the "Blend Text Colors Using Gamma" checked on, moving a text layer that is less than 100% opacity with the move tool visibly decreases the opacity, so like a 30% opacity text will change to 16%. With the "Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma" checked on its even more dramatic, changing from 30% down to something like 2%. Using the keyboard command key + arrow keys does not change how it looks. If I save and close the psd, the next time I open it the text is back to looking normal. But if I happen to say export out a jpg or png after moving the text it will keep the incorrect looking opacity in that exported file. Real fun when doing production work.

I've seen that it's recommended to keep the text blending checked on and that would be fine, but only if the opacity didn't randomly change while working on documents. As it is its not worth the risk of my layouts looking inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines