• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refine Edge Tool Bug? Bad performance

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use of the refine edge tool is resulting in strange patterns... Check out the screen shot. I've already tried unistalling and reintalling to the lastest version of Photoshop 22.3.1. Probably a bug?

Running on iMac Pro (2017), 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB, Mac OS 11.3.1 (20E241)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

RESOLVED: Okay.... so I'm pretty sure i deleted the preferences when I unintsalled... but I just held command + option + shift while opening the app for us mac users to manually reset the Photoshop settings file and that fixed it. for the Windwos users out there it is: ctrl + alt + shift.

Keeping this post up incase anyone else has this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED: Okay.... so I'm pretty sure i deleted the preferences when I unintsalled... but I just held command + option + shift while opening the app for us mac users to manually reset the Photoshop settings file and that fixed it. for the Windwos users out there it is: ctrl + alt + shift.

Keeping this post up incase anyone else has this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue - however when I hold those keys - I get a dialog box - "Delete photoshop settings file?" - Do I hit yes??  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this will however reset a few settings to their original state if you customized any settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to preserve your setting, use this method:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.48.18.pngScreenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.48.30.png

I'm having the same issues. I tried the reset but it didnt fix it

Please tell me if I am missing something or if this is a bug in the new february update ?

When using the refine edge tool I have started getting these square pixelated edges and this never used to happen. All of my settings are the same as i have always used. 

all sliders set to 0

object aware selected not color aware

decontaminate colours is not selected.

im using apple M1 Max with 64GBmemory 

Photoshop is current version and up to date as of today 8/3/22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines