• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registration marks

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the registration marks chosen in the print dialog box be moved / assigned to a specific distance to be further away from the artwork?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we're at the mercy of the print drivers for that.

Sometimes I'll place my PS artwork in Illustrator to create customized Crop Marks.

If I'm not confident about maintaining the document color space for printing, I'll expand the PS Canvas and place or copy and paste the resulting marks made in AI back to PS.

It probably could all be done on the PS side, but AI has Effect > Crop Marks not to mention the easy to interact with vector object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Warren - I have been expanding the canvas size in order to use the auto reg marks in PS, I was hoping there was a spot in the print driver dialog box to easily assign a specified distance but sounds like I'm not missing anything as it doesn't exist ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lisette3adobe 

To confirm, is your question about Registration marks or Crop marks? You asked about Registation marks and the answer was about Crop marks. They are not the same thing.

Photoshop, which is primary an image editor, lets you turn Registration marks on or off.

janee_0-1641865524821.png

InDesign is for professional printing and has features the other Adobe products don't typically need. This first image has a one pica offset. Note that the line weight can be changed.

janee_1-1641866057597.png

This has a four pica offset.

janee_2-1641866094273.png

Registration marks are automatically assigned the color of "registration" so they print on all plates. If you create them yourself and use  "black", they will only print on the black plate and will be useless for registering the plates, so don't be tempted to do that! As far as I know, Photoshop does not have a "registration" swatch in the Swatches panel. This panel is from InDesign.

janee_3-1641866375345.png

If you can't use InDesign, then you can make a feature request for the developers to consider. Start a new thread and tag it as "Ideas" instead of "Discussions".

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane.

Yes I am asking about registration marks. I would like to print color separations after I split channels and would like the registration marks to be further away from the image. I understand that I can place the art into AI or ID but it is easier to just expand the canvas size in PS to do this. I was hoping there was a setting in the print dialog box or preferences to set this distance. Yes I would like to make a feature request for this and will start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines