Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall CC Client on Apple Chip Mac natively

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Mac OS X 13.2.1.

CC Client (current version) has installed several programmes on my Mac, I get asked to admit access to folders or functions quite often so I feel this software somehow is problematic and I want to reinstall (it seems there is no way to fully get rid of it).

Also, it seems the only way to uninstall is via a program that needs to be downloaded from the website.

I can select between - current OS - or - Mac with Apple Chip -

---> that makes little sence, as I got current Mac OS and an Apple Chip.

---> Also, both programmes require Rosetta, are not natively on my OS! How should I trust, they know how to uninstall a program on my OS, if they aren't even made for this?
I need a reliable information how I can resolve this issue.

Hardly necessary to state I'm again deluded by this software.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Babble Im on the same version of Ventura on an M1 MBP with no issues as you are describing.

1. Make sure your Creative Cloud desktop app is up to date - new versions do not require Rosetta.

2. It should ask for folder permissions on first install - that is normal for the Mac OS Security.

3. After install go to Apple System Settings/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access and make sure PS is listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my experience is different. Therefore I'm looking for a clean reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Babble did you confirm your Apple security settings? Reinstalling is not going to resolve being asked for folder permissions - that is Apple security.

You can uninstall any Adobe program using the Creative Cloud desktop application. Go to the Apps tab, find your software and click the ellipses ... "Uninstall" is one of the options listed.

If you want to do a "Clean" reinstall - you need the Cleaner Tool application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines