• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reinstalling a perpetual license in the MacOS catalina without CD

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CD with a serial number for Photoshop CS5, a perpetual license, but i need to download an installer as my macbook (reformated by now) has no longer a CD reading driver. However all the links the technical support tried to send me was not compatible with the system software i have currently, wich is MacOS catalina. Please, how can i recover my license to get my PS running again in my computer? I have not being unable to get access to apps through the community, as always direct me to anual plans to be bought again.  Thanks a lot! BR

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you already found out it's technically simply not possible. You have to sign up for CC or explore non-Adobe options that like Affinity Photo.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@NKCFurlan1419 

You can purchase (or borrow) an external CD drive, but macOS 10.15.7 will not run CS5. Your choices are:

• keep your old mac and old OS and continue using CS5
  • see if it will work to install an older macOS through Parallels or VMWare
  • subcribe to the Photoshop CC

The Photography plan with 20gb storage is an annual plan, payable monthly at $9.99 or in a lump sum. You might start with the 7-day trial to confirm it works.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

The only way to continue running old software is to keep the same computer and OS. You can update a few times, but not forever.

Photoshop Elements is another way to go. It has a perpetual license and a 30-day free trial. It's selling for $99.99 now.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/free-trial.html

Pro Tip: I've seen it go on sale for Black Friday in the past (which is no future prediction). If so, the free trial will get you through — or almost through to the sale date.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines