Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove black borders on video from photoshop for instagram

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I created a video in photoshop, the canvas and image size are with the dimensions 1080 x 1350, as is appropriate for an instagram video, but when rendering the video to mp4 the video ends up with black borders.

Would anyone be able to tell me the appropriate settings and where to apply them to get rid of this black border and have the 1080 x 1350 dimensions for the whole video please 🙏 

Thank you so much for your help in advance x 

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 19.32.50.pngScreenshot 2022-08-08 at 00.38.27.pngIMG_2996.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gracet68502989 Hmmm... I'm not sure if this has to do with how you sized the video frame to begin with or not. I'm thinking Instagram is accessed primarily on phones, so it's going to be watched with a vertical orientation and that's what you are seeing. You want a vertical aspect ratio or 5:4, which is what you have with 1080 x 1350. Maybe try again with square dimensions of 1080p x 1080p and see if the black bars remain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, I made sure that the dimensions for video on instagram are 1080 x 1350 which is why I made my images and video that size in the first place, but also even before uploading to instagram the black borders are around the video on my mac anyway. My aim is to keep the 4:5 aspect ratio and not create a square video as the image can't be stretched. I also tried the original video with 1080 x 1080 but the borders are still present.

Any advice on another route that might work would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

What apps or devices are you viewing this on that you are getting the black bars? Your export settings look correct. Black bars will automatically fill in on any video viewer if the window aspect ratio does not match the file. You video may be the dimensions you want, but the viewer will still show bars regardless if not sized the same as your content.

The second thing I am noticing, in your second screenshot shows a video dimension that is not to the 5:4 aspect ratio you are saying you are looking for. 

Your third screenshot is trying to view the content in a 1:1 aspect ratio so that is why the black bars are showing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines