Removing black edge around white outer glow

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. 

Working in CS6 (on an old Mac), and I can't work out if what's going on here is a bug, or I've messed up. Had a white outer glow applied to some text, have screenshotted the parametres below. Got asked to make the image larger, and when I increased it from 300 px/inch to 300 px/cm, the outer glow suddenly got a black border outside of it. Tried removing the layer style and re-applying it after enlarging, and the same thing happens. Any explanation of what's happened here, and of how to get rid of it? Have added before and after pics. 

Before (what I want)
Capture d’écran 2022-05-17 à 09.40.22.png

After (what I don't want)

Capture d’écran 2022-05-17 à 09.37.50.png

Parametres of the outer glow

Capture d’écran 2022-05-17 à 09.41.09.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you redo the outer glow with new settings? It usually doesn't look right when you resize and you have to redo the layer styles. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Certified Instructor | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure to check that scale styles is turned on in the image resizing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines