• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing greenscreen from video in Photoshop [2020]

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to key out colours from an entire video using Photoshop? I know how to do it in Premiere, and how to do it for a single image (or frame of the video) in PS, but because of what I'm trying to do with the footage I want to keep the editing in PS, and editing the greenscreen out frame-by-frame will take too long. Is there way to do this with adjustment layers or anything like that? Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Not if  the image is moving across the screen. Use After Effects or Premiere

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Photoshop has basic Video editing features like splicing clips  with transition editing in and image at text title yes.  Advance features like masking subject, Green screen, syncing audio will not be possible.  If you want to edit video I would suggest using a video application not an image editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if  the image is moving across the screen. Use After Effects or Premiere

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has basic Video editing features like splicing clips  with transition editing in and image at text title yes.  Advance features like masking subject, Green screen, syncing audio will not be possible.  If you want to edit video I would suggest using a video application not an image editor. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks both for the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not possible, it is better to use other stuff like After Effects. I faced the same problem when worked with that animation - https://greenscreenstock.com/video/gorilla-move-green-screen-footage/, so I just used After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one thank you - I'll take a look.

I did end up using Photoshop to remove the greenscreen for this project though. It's probably a long-winded way of doing it, but using the Actions, I set up a command to key out green from one frame of video and then move to the next frame. I automated it so it would repeat this 24 times, so every time I pressed a selected button it would remove green from 1 second of video.

If you're interested you can see the completed video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrcmjC0jnc

Title track from the upcoming Peacemeal EP for sale now at https://kaiswarvett.bandcamp.com/album/peacemeal Music by Kai Swarvett, Chris Sampson and Tom Dwyer. Mixed and Mastered by Charlie Keys Music Video by Tom Dwyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Open Blending Options for the layer with Green Screen
2. Blend If - Green Screen
3. This layer - move slider from right to left (hold ALT for more accurate)
Its not perfect, but it work.

slvnk_0-1664217149824.jpeg

slvnk_1-1664217160937.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines