• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Flame dialogue has no preview visible

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying the Render Flame filter and have run into a problem that makes it to all intents and purposes unusable even though it works. After preparing and selecting my path and empty target layer I open the filter dialogue and the dialogue window shows no preview flame. Changing the flame settings does not alter this. However, when I click OK and exit the dialogue the flames render perfectly!

The filter works perfectly, but cannot be previewed in the dialogue. This makes it, effectively, unusable. 
Any troubleshooting suggestions suggestions anyone please? 

PS 23.5      MAC OS 12.5.1    iMac Retina 5K  27"   32GB RAM   Radeon Pro 580 8GB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to my own post - I have just discovered that exactly the same problem occurs with Picture Frame and Trees. The filters work fine but cannot be previewed. The preview window is blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with preference reset? It can solve some weird problems https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right, it can solve many bizarre issues. I've been putting it off as I was hoping to avoid quite such a drastic solution, but I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and try ....... 

Thanks Bojan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very old post. Both Photoshop and my Mac have been upgraded since.
I am really sorry but I can't remember if or how things were resolved at the time. 
All I can say is it works fine now - PS 24.4.1.  Mac Studio M1 64GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines