Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render video export not working [2019]

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I just recently started having this issue rendering animated videos in Photoshop CC on my Mac.  Before, I've had no trouble.  I go to file, export, render video, and then the settings appear.  I usually use 24 frames per second, work area, adobe media encoder, and either Quicktime or the hdm4 (I can't remember what it's called exactly - the one that exports videos as mp4 files).  After clicking okay, the Photoshop cursor spins and spins and spins...and the video never renders.  I don't even get the loading sign.  The program just freezes.

Is there anything to fix this problem?  Or something I may have done wrong?  I've used photoshop to animate for over a year now and this is the first time I've had a problem like this.  Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to PS version 22.1 on my iMac 2015 27 retina and it worked.

22.1 was the oldest version on the Adobe site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - photoshop freezes as soon as I try to export the video. Saved the file as .psd, opend it on Windows 7 PC, and the export worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Did the disk security thing and it worked for a while and then stopped. Brand new Mac and up-to-date software. It seems this problem has been an issue for a number of years now? If you can't get it to work, why have it in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think that affected users should gather their system specs (OS, Ps version) and what they did so far, then search or create a thread on the Adobe Photoshop Family site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had this problem.... opened up Media encoder and it 'verifiyed' and the engine works again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

Changed disk access settings.Video Export worked until the next restart.

Opened up Medie encoder. Video Export worked until the next restart.

So there's clearly an intermittent problem that has been present for a number of years the makes the video creation tool in Photoshop unreliable (finishing work on a project in the evening and starting work on it again the next morning to find a feature as decided to 'turn itself off') and by extension, pointless?

What exactly is Adobe doing about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After weeks of sending my psd files to coworkers to export mp4s for me, I have figured out an easy workaround. Convert your frame animation to a video timeline. Save a copy of this new video timeline psd and add it to your Adobe Media encoder queue using [Add Source...]. Start the queue and it will export as an mp4.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this useful comment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually found a workaround.

Photoshop won't render the video if I have opened the photo from within
Adobe Bridge and only when I have just opened Photoshop. When Photoshop is
newly opened I can load and render the video if I have opened it from
within Photoshop itself. After the first time I load the video, Photoshop
will open the video without trouble when opened from within Bridge.

All this is easier to do than to explain.

best,
Deb Kapell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution! Thanks for your very useful comment. Hardy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Thanks for that!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update (sometime in June) this workaround stopped working. I spent a day on it, then went on vacation,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Thank you for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been exporting my animations on Photoshop with no issues and today I kept recieving an "error" message and have not been able to export any. I have been exporting my work directly onto an external HD, so I tried exporting to desktop instead, see if that helped... and it did, and all is exporting fine again. 

Just a heads up if anyone is exporting direct to an external HD or USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the old timeline rendering problem (it just keeps running ... endlessly).  I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  version 2004 build 19041.746.  I have Photoshop 2021 version 22.1.1.  I have a NVIDIA GTX 950 video card.

I have followed all the tutorials.  Are there any preferences I need to select or any other fixes that anyone can suggest?  I haven't seen any recent postings for Windows users.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem on a windows machine. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same problem.  As suggested by an earlier poster, I saved to my Windows computer rather than an external drive.  That did the trick.  Could save to the external after initial save to the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you probably made a type O but the latest version of Photoshop is 22.4.2. Or version 22.4.1. Both of those do NOT work with rendering video. I find that version 22.2.8 (Adobe Photoshop 2020) works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you probably made a type O but the latest version of Photoshop is 22.4.2. Or version 22.4.1. Both of those do NOT work with rendering video. I find that version 22.2.8 (Adobe Photoshop 2020) works fine. Try it you might like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, problems to import video, very slow (I'm talking about a small video o 5mb) and BIG fore SUR problems to export rendering video, photoshop crashes! (MacOS BIG SUR 11.2.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I deleted and reinstalled Photoshop which fixed the problem. Users
shouldn't have to guess at the solution to a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even that didn´t work for my computer(pc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a real solution to this problem. Where is Adobe on this? I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I'm having the exact same issue. I can't render video in any of the Photoshop programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info, this is happening on PCs (Win 10) too!

At least 3 computers at work can't be used to render videos from PS. Our only workaround is to find a computer which still will render the videos. First noticed it early 2021.

I don't think it has anything to do with updates either, as all our machines are automatically updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason why I thought it might be RAM allocation over permissions
is because it seems to be an intermittent problem. Mine stopped working and
there wasn’t a time it would work again (updating, reboot), until I fixed
the permissions for PS and Creative Cloud. My media encoder even stopped
working.

I would look at the permissions and ram allocation on machines it’s working
on and compare to the computers it’s not. Especially if it starts working
again on a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines