Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Render video export not working

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I just recently started having this issue rendering animated videos in Photoshop CC on my Mac.  Before, I've had no trouble.  I go to file, export, render video, and then the settings appear.  I usually use 24 frames per second, work area, adobe media encoder, and either Quicktime or the hdm4 (I can't remember what it's called exactly - the one that exports videos as mp4 files).  After clicking okay, the Photoshop cursor spins and spins and spins...and the video never renders.  I don't even get the loading sign.  The program just freezes.

Is there anything to fix this problem?  Or something I may have done wrong?  I've used photoshop to animate for over a year now and this is the first time I've had a problem like this.  Please help!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this useful comment!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually found a workaround.

Photoshop won't render the video if I have opened the photo from within
Adobe Bridge and only when I have just opened Photoshop. When Photoshop is
newly opened I can load and render the video if I have opened it from
within Photoshop itself. After the first time I load the video, Photoshop
will open the video without trouble when opened from within Bridge.

All this is easier to do than to explain.

best,
Deb Kapell

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Thanks for that!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update (sometime in June) this workaround stopped working. I spent a day on it, then went on vacation,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Thank you for sharing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been exporting my animations on Photoshop with no issues and today I kept recieving an "error" message and have not been able to export any. I have been exporting my work directly onto an external HD, so I tried exporting to desktop instead, see if that helped... and it did, and all is exporting fine again. 

Just a heads up if anyone is exporting direct to an external HD or USB.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the old timeline rendering problem (it just keeps running ... endlessly).  I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  version 2004 build 19041.746.  I have Photoshop 2021 version 22.1.1.  I have a NVIDIA GTX 950 video card.

I have followed all the tutorials.  Are there any preferences I need to select or any other fixes that anyone can suggest?  I haven't seen any recent postings for Windows users.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem on a windows machine. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same problem.  As suggested by an earlier poster, I saved to my Windows computer rather than an external drive.  That did the trick.  Could save to the external after initial save to the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check My reply at Greenman Phottography

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you probably made a type O but the latest version of Photoshop is 22.4.2. Or version 22.4.1. Both of those do NOT work with rendering video. I find that version 22.2.8 (Adobe Photoshop 2020) works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check my reply at Greenman Photography

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check My reply at Greenman Photography

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you probably made a type O but the latest version of Photoshop is 22.4.2. Or version 22.4.1. Both of those do NOT work with rendering video. I find that version 22.2.8 (Adobe Photoshop 2020) works fine. Try it you might like it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, problems to import video, very slow (I'm talking about a small video o 5mb) and BIG fore SUR problems to export rendering video, photoshop crashes! (MacOS BIG SUR 11.2.3)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I deleted and reinstalled Photoshop which fixed the problem. Users
shouldn't have to guess at the solution to a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even that didn´t work for my computer(pc).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check My reply at Greenman Photography

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a real solution to this problem. Where is Adobe on this? I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I'm having the exact same issue. I can't render video in any of the Photoshop programs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check My reply at Greenman Phottography should work for MAc too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info, this is happening on PCs (Win 10) too!

At least 3 computers at work can't be used to render videos from PS. Our only workaround is to find a computer which still will render the videos. First noticed it early 2021.

I don't think it has anything to do with updates either, as all our machines are automatically updated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason why I thought it might be RAM allocation over permissions
is because it seems to be an intermittent problem. Mine stopped working and
there wasn’t a time it would work again (updating, reboot), until I fixed
the permissions for PS and Creative Cloud. My media encoder even stopped
working.

I would look at the permissions and ram allocation on machines it’s working
on and compare to the computers it’s not. Especially if it starts working
again on a reboot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but have come up with a work-around. When I open a video from Bridge (open with-> Adobe Photoshop) for editing in Photoshop, the video does not render. When I open it directly from within Photoshop (file-> open) it will render as normal. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that versions 22.4.1 and the latest version 22.4.2 in Photoshop do NOT work with rendering video. But versions 21.2.8 (Adobe Photoshop 2020) works fine. Has nothing to do with your computer other than the latest drivers for your video card. Try this it should work. For some reason the developers at Photoshop don't realize they are the problem. Every time I work with them we go ring around the roses and end up right back to not working with the lastest versions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK with help from Adobe Tech I came to the following help with trying to render a MP4 file in Photoshops timeline. You get the spinning dots and Photoshop crashes. 1st he had me check which verson I was using. Which when you are on the cloud it automatically updates to my version 22.4.1. Then he had me update the driver for my GPU which it did jumped about 8 months. Even though Windows said I was up to date. Still froze on me with spinning dots. OK the last thing that DID WORK was open photoshop go to EDIT/Preferances in that box there is a choice "use graphics processor". Unclick this box and try again it should then work. Hope this helps.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines