• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Render video export not working

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I just recently started having this issue rendering animated videos in Photoshop CC on my Mac.  Before, I've had no trouble.  I go to file, export, render video, and then the settings appear.  I usually use 24 frames per second, work area, adobe media encoder, and either Quicktime or the hdm4 (I can't remember what it's called exactly - the one that exports videos as mp4 files).  After clicking okay, the Photoshop cursor spins and spins and spins...and the video never renders.  I don't even get the loading sign.  The program just freezes.

Is there anything to fix this problem?  Or something I may have done wrong?  I've used photoshop to animate for over a year now and this is the first time I've had a problem like this.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice.  Is Rosetta mode for Macs? I have a PC.

By @BklynTink

Yes, to simplify, it converts the code made for X86 (intel/AMD processors) to run on the Processors made by Apple.

It is not available on Windows, AFAIK, unless Microsoft has made a similar compatibility layer for the code that runs on their native processors in some of the Surface tablets.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm- the newer versions of Photoshop will not render videos on PC's running Windows. If I'm correct, does Adobe have plans to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running into issues with the current version of Photoshop, with an AMD or Intel processor, in this case, the best is to create a new bug report thread specific to the current version of Ps, on PC, with pertinent details (see https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403 )

instead of posting in a thread that relates to an older version of Ps, as the issues might not be related.

Does your Pc have an Intel or AMD processor? If not, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/windows-arm-support.html it states that there is currently no video support if you are on a PC with an ARM processor (usually a  Microsoft Surface computer, but not all of them...)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The report I sent received the following answer from Davescm:

"I've just done exactly that in Photoshop with no issues.

Opened MOV file and rendered video as mp4 H.264

Intel i9-10920X 3.5GHz 128GB RAM  Photoshop Scratch disk on NVMe 2TB drive with 1TB free (Photoshop used 12.5GB), Adobe media encoder cache is also on an NVMe drive

Dave"

"https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-22-0-does-not-render-videos/idc-p/...

As you must know, judging from the length of this string, some people are having the problem and you, yourself, said there were known problems. You must also know it's not possible to ask questions or clarification of davescm. What should I do?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You must also know it's not possible to ask questions or clarification of davescm. What should I do?"

????

My comment was to show a system with no issues for comparison. It may help developers in location of the issue.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BklynTink wrote:

"You must also know it's not possible to ask questions or clarification of davescm."

Deb Kapell,

To clarify:

• When you have email replies enabled in these forums, you will receive an email from generated by the forums for the posts in the thread. That may be what you saw.
  • Bugs often affect some users and not others. Sometimes it's only Mac or only Windows or only specific graphic cards, for example. It is helpful to the Adobe engineers when many users add to the bug report whether or not they are having an issue so they can pin it down. Comments on a Bug Report are directed to the engineers; they are not "answers" to the first person who reports the bug.
  • Your comment about forum volunteer @davescm is as far from the truth as possible. All you or anyone else needs to do is click his name to see and read his posts to see how extremely helpful he is to users on this forum.
  • If you have a question for Dave, you could try asking him.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I don't do a lot of videos but this is distressing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just like that it's working again. Go figure.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem happened on my PC and I have figured out how to solve it. I hope this solution work out for you guys.

Step 1. Download appropriate media feature pack. Find the proper version here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions 

If you’re not sure which Windows 10 version you currently have installed, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key and type “about” in the search box.
  2. Click on About this PC to open the About tab of the Settings app.
  3. In the About screen, scroll down to Windows specifications and discover your Windows version under Edition.

Step 2. Run command prompt as admin. Enter this command:

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:MediaPlayback

Step 3. Restart pc. Render Video in Photoshop should run by now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case there are users of M1/Apple Silicon in this thread, they should update to Ps 23.4:Rosetta is not needed as videos now work in the native mode: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-3.html#other-enhancements

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say - - I'm running a Mac Studio with decent ram (64gb), osx 12.6 and PS 24 — and still my video export gets stuck on 'Initializing Video Export'!

Randomly it worked once on an older machine (same setup but an older Imac) but then reverte to the video export freeze,

Something seriously awry withAdobe PS video export!  C'mon Adobe, sort it out!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines