• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render video not working after update to 23.02

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to render video from Photoshop after the latest update (23.02). I've been trying for two days now, and I just get a spinning progress symbol, but nothing actually happens. I've had to go back to rendering in CS6 on an old machine to get it to spit out an MP4 file. I tried to give Photoshop full disk access in System Prefs, but that didn't help. FYI the previous version worked a treat, this is just a problem after I updated two days' ago. I'm on a late 2020 iMac 27" with 40gb of RAM.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Thanks for the information & we appreciate your patience. 

Could you please check if Bridge is running while using Photoshop? If yes, then close the Bridge application and then try using Photoshop and check if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Is it possible if you could share a video of the issue?

Try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, please try resetting the preferences by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Back up your preferences before resetting the preferences by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the application from the Creative Cloud desktop app & see if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the reply. I did everything you have asked but to no avail.

Reset my prefs, switched off the graphics processor, and then made a video of what I'm doing, so you can see the progress circle is just spinning at the end, and never finishes.

I've attached a video of my actions, so hopefully that will help you make any suggestions.

Thanks,

Lisa

PS I've been using Photoshop since version 1 in 1991, so I don't think its 'operator error' !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Have you given Photoshop full disk access in Security & Privacy?

If no, then check the steps below to provide access and make sure photoshop is closed:-

1. Click on Apple icon > System Preferences...
  2. Go to Security & Privacy.
  3. Click on a Privacy Tab.
  4. Click the Full Disk Access section in the sidebar & unlock the lock from the bottom.

5. Click on the + option to add.

6. Go to the application tab on the left and add photoshop

After performing the above steps, check if that helps.

You may also check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/video-stops-rendering-at-50-percent.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tarun,

Yes that was the first thing I did after Googling the problem before I contacted the forum.

Photoshop has full disk access in my Security & Provacy.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/video-stops-rendering-at-50-percent.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

All of the Trace Database.txt files in both folders have info in them. None of them contain no text entries, like that link says I should bin.

Sorrrrryyyyyyyyy,

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any external plugins? Make sure they are updated.

Please try the steps below and check if that helps:-

1. Close Photoshop.
  2. Hold down the Shift key and launch Photoshop. A dialog appears during the launch that reads “Skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins?”
  3.  Click Yes to skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins.

This will disable optional and third-party plug-ins only for the current session. If you quit and restart Photoshop without holding down the Shift key, the optional or third-party plug-ins will be enabled.

4. Launch Photoshop and check if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Nope sorry that didn't change anything. I don't have any third-party plug ins in this version of Photoshop, but I still followed your instructions and ran Photoshop with all of these disabled. Unfortunately it was still just spinning instead of rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information & we appreciate your patience. 

Could you please check if Bridge is running while using Photoshop? If yes, then close the Bridge application and then try using Photoshop and check if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for that suggestion. Would you believe it - it worked!!

I always have Bridge open as I work with lots of images, but by closing it down this time, the render engine actually kicked in!

Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix this glitch as I use Bridge with Photoshop all the time!

Thanks for all your help with this work-around, and if you need anyone to test versions of your software for glitches like this. Please do ask!

Kind regards

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're glad that the issue is resolved and I will definitely share this feedback with our product team. Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues while using the application.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but it doesnt even give me the option of rendering a video

pablorf_0-1647447658154.png

only an image sequence.... this was working yesterday and I have to deliver some like NOW..... was the would this change?!?!?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your timeline set to Video or Frame Animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video

A friend showed me something, if it can help someone!!

Close Photoshop

Go to your CC where the aps are

and click on this

pablorf_0-1647456861863.png

then re-open your file and it should be back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's only for people using an M1.
The OP here states: "2020 iMac 27"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unbelievable.... This works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CC version 23.4.1 now and having this problem. Previously, closing Bridge would work. Now it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Closing Bridge AND restarting Photoshop worked. 

Thank you.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines