• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeat problem with latest Photoshop update - cannot resize or rotate a placed image, also max jpeg

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Photoshop update, I have not been able to resize or rotate a placed image.

This happened in 2021 and I had to revert to an older version. It eventually came right. 

But it has happened once again. It seems I have to either create multiple documents to create the right size or rotation or use a different program entirely to do basic things like resize and rotation, or revert to an older version. This makes no sense to me.

This is such a basic function. Is there a way to fix this please?

One other thing, export to JPEG is to a max quality of 7. Wasn't it higher than this before?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first issue may be graphics processor related:

(A) Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advanced Settings > Untick GPU compositing, then quit and restart Photoshop

(B)  Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings: Untick Use Graphics Processor, then quit and restart Photoshop to see if this fixes the issue (not a great fix, but it is what it is)

On the second point, Adobe changed the markers on the scale, so at the high end, 7 is equivalent to 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines