• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeating text pattern bug

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had this bug appear in a Photoshop.  A portion of one of my text entries created a repeating pattern of one and a half of the letters, and started appearing on multiple layers.  Even appearing on new text created.  It has now spread to a seperate Photoshop file, even though I never dragged anything from the corrupted file to the new file.  Here's an image of the issue.

It's currently appearing on a Smart Layer, though it isn't present inside the Smart Layer itself.

Has anyone seen this issue before and figured out how to address it?  I can't find anyone else describing this issue in other posts.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using PS 2019, make sure you have Legacy Compositing checked in the preferences under performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated so I'm using Photoshop CC 2019 v 20.0.2. 

I tried checking it and resetting my Photoshop.  The text error is still there on that layer.  We'll see if it doesn't happen anymore at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Compositing did not fix my issue.  This MO text bug continues to corrupt my files.  It happened again today.  Seems like a fairly serious bug introduced two updates ago.  I probably won't be the only one affected I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im have a simile issue with a file with corrupt text layers and it creating a mask that wasn't there!Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.38.51 PM.pngda.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this looks like a similar or the same issue.  Frustrating that there doesn't seem to be anyone from Adobe recognizing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. That happened with any font?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it happened with Futura Bold.  Looks like a different font for Amy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with fonts of Adobe Fonts service? Or is a Font installed on your computer?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a font from my computer.  But that's most of my fonts, and has always been most of my fonts.  And this issue only appeared after the major update to Photoshop CC 20.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my font was Knockout on one file and Gotham Med on another file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this error reoccur since the beginning with PS CC.  I have reported it twice now directly to the chat help line, and been ignored.   I have uploaded files showing the error, and no one at PS will pay any attention.

I have this happen to me about once every several months, and I cannot reproduce it at will, but I have saved many files when it occurred.  It happened again today, so I know it's not been fixed.

It destroys the file for practical use, and I have to go back to an earlier save and repeat my work.   When I do, the problem does not always reappear in the same file after I repeat the same actions that caused it.

My occurrances have been on different fonts, entirely different files, and in every PS release since I got CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have text pattern spreading all over the PSD file, they can't be selected, nor deleted, don't appear in layer and are exported by the generator really messing up a lot of work. It started to happen when I selected all the text in the file and changed the font. I reverted back to Myriad Pro but nothing does.

Help would be appreciated, a lot !

Here are some samples in PS :

michap81534040_0-1642671753959.png

michap81534040_1-1642671792854.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's April of 2022 and the issue is still happening.  Anyone find a solution yet?  Or should I give up on PS?  Now even when I revert to an older version, it's still there. It's ruined all of my work and is now affecting how I make a living. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. In May 2022. Never happened before. I typed 42nd and now it patterns 42nd all over the page. Future. Pretty crappy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too 😢 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now January of 2023 and this bug is still present in PSD 24.1.1, on the Mac. The text of one layer has repeated across the document, sometimes outlined in red.

BUT…

After I started turning layers and groups off and on, I saw that the repeats disappeared sometimes. After digging deeper, I found that certain layers with drop shadows or field blurs seemed to be related.

After I opened a smart object – a bitmap with transparency that I'd applied a Field Blur to at the Smart Object level – I found that the inner art had a drop shadow layer effect that was made hidden.

Once I deleted that layer (unneeded) effect and saved the smart object, I went back to the parent file and the repeats were gone.

To be clear, the smart object was on a completely different, unrelated layer, without any kind of link. It was also several layers below the type layer. And FWIW, I was working in Rosetta when it appeared – for the sake of a legacy plugin – but turned that off and reopened Phoshop without any change to the repeated text.

I hope this helps as a workaround for anyone seeing this bug… But Adobe still needs to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course, I spoke too soon. The issue keeps returning when I edit type layers. Masking can help, but doesn't always, and is obviously a kludge. I've tried changing typefaces, but no joy. 

What's up, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--- FIXED FOR NOW WITH VERSION ROLLBACK ---

And yet another follow-up. I tried PSD 24.1.0 (earlier version) on a laptop I have, and the bug wasn't there. It is running Monterey and the main machine's running Ventura, so...

I rolled back the version of PSD on my main machine (Mac Studio) from 24.1.1. to 24.1.0, and the problem seems to be gone.

To fix the corrupted file, I just went into each smart object layer that was presenting a glitch and made some minor change, then saved. When I returned to the parent file, the glitch for that layer was gone.

So, rolling back and re-rendering each glitched layer does the trick.

Reporting bug to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer text its duplicating in multiple times while editing the text the multiple copy just vanished in any one of the time Photoshop version 25.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's February 13, 2024 and this issue just happened to me. 

Repeated text boxes all over my art work and I can't seem to find what the glitched object might be. I found 1 that removed 1 of them but everything else won't go away.

Not sure how it's 2024, and this is still an issue.  Adobe?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate