• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Photoshop text content with excel variable?

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I have files where the text layers are numbered, but they are not arranged from the top down in the layers panel, but in different groups like this (ignore layer 0, it's just an empty layer):

Le27921535n6i8_2-1676783478894.png

I also have an excel file to replace numbered text layers with rows in order, like below:

Le27921535n6i8_1-1676783282685.png

I have learned about data sets in photoshop, but not sure if it can do what I want. Because even though the layers are numbered, their contents are different (not the numbers). And as I find out, variables set needs to have categorical columns, while my excel file has only ordinal numbers and they are sorted from top to bottom.

In short, I want to change the numbered layer's content with its numbered content in excel:

Le27921535n6i8_4-1676784900845.png

Is this possible? Thank you everyone for help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it be a problem to just add another column in Excel?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your replying!

My problem was that the text layer's content didn't match its name, so I was looking for possible helps. I tried many ways, added a column, transposed it, and I realized the problem is not in the excel file.

Le27921535n6i8_0-1676818658259.png

Le27921535n6i8_1-1676818717888.png

If you have any suggestions, please reply me anyway, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Le27921535n6i8 – Look for Text to Columns (Rows to Columns) to convert rows in a spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you recommend! I did that, even transpose the spreadsheet. However, as I mentioned, the name of the layer didn't match its content, so I couldn't do the replacement:

Le27921535n6i8_0-1676817322368.png

I am extremely sorry for my confusing explanations. If what I'm asking for is impossible, can I ask for another help? Such as changing the content of the text layer in bulk to the order number of the layer, or changing some arrangement? I'm completely in the dark on this, so I'm incredibly grateful for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines