Request for assistance, in layman's terms please?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had a bit of a play with Photoshop about a decade ago, was way beyond my levels, probably still is? 😆Second post I came across Reminded me how complicated it all is! However, I must churn through 2-300 photos pretty quickly, a case of needs must? I've been making do by putting my images (for ournew tour website, and yes I'm a rank amateur but Covid gave me plenty of time to learn!) through online AI Image Enhancer to really make them pop, followed by a run through Photoshop express with the 'Vibrancy' filter at around +20%. They look great but it's pretty time consuming, especially when must then reduce them all to around 400kn each plus two thumbnails each, Currently via imagecompressor.com who are pretty good, able to upload masses at a time...

However, reading Adobe's latest claims about enhanced results? That's the most important part for us, really sharp, clear images.

Would be fantastic if able to setup a couple of defaults on Photoshop to run the bulk of the pile through? 

Any assistance greatly received, but I am worse than a complete newbie, having forgotten more than ever knew first time around!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out; we will help you with batch editing. Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help. Which version of Photoshop are you using? What is your operating system? You can try out the batch editing process. Make two folders, one with the pictures the other one empty. Go to the Menu bar > File > Automate > Batch. A new batch window appears. Record your actions, like editing/ saving/ quality preferences, etc. Once you're done with the action, stop the record...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out; we will help you with batch editing.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? What is your operating system?

You can try out the batch editing process. Make two folders, one with the pictures the other one empty.

Go to the Menu bar > File > Automate > Batch. A new batch window appears. Record your actions, like editing/ saving/ quality preferences, etc. Once you're done with the action, stop the recording and try to automate it. You will need the target folder with all the pictures and the destination folder where the files are saved.  

You can check this article for the complete overview: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html

Let us know if you can understand the process. We will make it more explanatory if needed.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much indeed Ranjisha, much appreciated will give it a try today! Also thanks for the tip regarding terminology as I've always thought of the destination folder being "target" rather than source? I would have spent hours wondering why I couldn't get it to work lol 😆

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And thanks for the link! Oh, I'm on Windows 11 and latest version of Photoshop

It gave me some vital information about Batch processes and multiple images: "taken under the same lighting conditions", so I may as well save myself the trouble and get out before my 7-day trial is up.

I probably should have been more specific although did mention multiple devices over many years. Consequently just as many lighting conditions, formats, image shapes and resolutions, file sizes. Obviously I was expecting too much from it, but figured it must be such a large program for a good reason? To be honest it's not really much use to me if requirements involve almost studio conditions for it to work, no matter the price. 

Thanks again for your assistance, these large corporations are very lucky to have the likes of you taking the weight from their own support structure. I trust they let you have it for free in return?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines