• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize my 1226X1494 images to 800X1200 without distortion

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comunity I would like assistance on creating an action that would resize my images to a specific 800X1200 in size. I have seen a few actions that does exactly what I want but the actions are not in the size I am looking for. I ran the image processor which resized the image to 800X975 but not the 800X1200. Any help from the community would be great OR if someone already has an action that would be awesome. I atatched before and after images as examples. Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

"Thoughts?"

Thoughts are very simple. You state your original image is 1226 x 1494  which is an aspect ration of 1: 1.219.

You want to resize it to 800 x 1200 which has an aspect ratio of 1:1.5

So, as stated by Dag Fosse, you have to either:

a. Resize to 800 x 975 and then fill in the empty space at the top and bottom to extend the image to 800 x 1200. That fill could be achieved by a simple plain colour, by content aware fill,  or (depending on the image using content aware scale to stretch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Team, I was able to get an action created based on my ask. Please review the screenshot as I am not allowed to send action script files. Am I missing anything here. The images looked the same but after many looks they start to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distortion, or crop, or blank sides. Those are your three choices.

This has nothing to do with Photoshop. I't just what happens when you change one ratio into another.

aspect.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image attached is exactly 800X1200. I had to manually center the image to make it work. I have seen an example of the same ask but a different size. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photo-bulk-resize-but-with-condition-... Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen an example of the same ask but a different size. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photo-bulk-resize-but-with-condition-...

By @jacksonk123

The OP in that thread went on to clarify...

"Each image should be maxed at 1000 wide or max 700 high, all other dimensions don't matter, except of course not changing smaller images."

...whereas you are specifying both a height and a width. That's why your question is not the same issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thoughts?"

Thoughts are very simple. You state your original image is 1226 x 1494  which is an aspect ration of 1: 1.219.

You want to resize it to 800 x 1200 which has an aspect ratio of 1:1.5

So, as stated by Dag Fosse, you have to either:

a. Resize to 800 x 975 and then fill in the empty space at the top and bottom to extend the image to 800 x 1200. That fill could be achieved by a simple plain colour, by content aware fill,  or (depending on the image using content aware scale to stretch the edges of the image whilst protecting the main object.

b. Resize to 984 x1200 then crop the image (or depending on content use content aware scale to compress the edges whilst protecting the main object)) to fit into the 800 width

c. Go directly to 800 x 1200 and distort the image.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team, I was able to get an action created based on my ask. Please review the screenshot as I am not allowed to send action script files. Am I missing anything here. The images looked the same but after many looks they start to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you went with the squeeze option.

In this case a slight crop would be the obvious solution, but that's your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And by choosing the squeeze (distort) option, the option used does not meet their own original requirement of “without distortion.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For pasting scripts (not a file but its content) use </> icon while composing your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines