Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing image

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me. 

I am trying to resize some images that are quite large, one of them  is 2095px by 579px for example. 

The new size I am trying to get is way smaller than the original (170px by 47px) and I have tried everything to get this new size without losing quality but nothing has worked yet. Can anyone suggest what can I try?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's 170 pixels by 47 pixels. You need to have realistic expectations, and it sounds like you don't.

That will be very low quality, and it has nothing to do with Photoshop. Just the small pixel size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say the problem was Photoshop, I was just wondering if there was a way to do it.

Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, what kind of image is it? By doing a 90% reduction, you are throwing away many many pixels, there is no way that an image would keep lots of details, and pertinent information with such a drastic change. You might want to increase the local contrast a lot with for instance the details/texture slider of camera raw used as a filter before scaling down the image.

If the image is a design with simpler shapes, recreating it in a vector format would allow such big changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines