Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing images question

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I need to resize a large number of images in Photoshop and I need to constrain them to a certain size (1400px) on the longer side.
When I use the Image Processor script, the following problem occurs: images smaller than 1400 pixels are artificially enlarged to this size, which is not ok.
Is there a way I can specify a folder of images with different sizes and aspect ratios and have the resizing happen automatically without artificially increasing the sizes of the smaller ones, only shrinking the ones that exceed the specified size?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

You can record File > Automate > Fit Image into an Action and run via the Batch command. There is an option to not enlarge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can record File > Automate > Fit Image into an Action and run via the Batch command. There is an option to not enlarge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. It works just how I needed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

I forgot to mention that this is also offered in the Image Processor Pro script:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines