• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing in Photoshop 22.1 causes freeze the app on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest updated version (as ar 8th Jan 2021) of PS (Windows). When resizing an image the program often freezes before the resizing takes place. Can't close down the PS window and the only way out is to restart which means programs I am using in tandem (and are still working) have to be restarted too.  Attached two screen shots if it helps . . .

PS Resizing Issue Freezes Programme.JPG

PS Version Info.JPG

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.1. Please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If it does, please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

You can also try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help. This seems to have sorted out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only posted part of your Photoshop System Info.  Is your GPU supported does your Photoshop preferences performance section show the it is  supported and enabled.  Is the latest Windows Device driver for your GPU from its manufacturer installed on your windows 10 PC?.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Version 23.0.1 on a Windows 10 PC. Often when I am trying to resize an image it closes the programme down completely. Very annoying, especially if I have forgotten to save the worked on image before I go and resize it! I have to begin all over again. Anyone offer any suggestions? What am I doing wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're hitting the same issue you were hitting before. Please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If that doesn't work, please share your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jeffrey.

Many thanks for this information. Checked the drivers and they were up to date. Unticked 'use graphics processor and this appears to have solved the problem.

Much appreciated.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines