Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing layers in photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I resized my empty layer to the size which I want/need, but the problem starts when I paint something in this layer (smaller than its size), the layer is getting automatically reduced/shrinked to the size of my object. It's really annoying and I want to be able to resize my layers the way I want to be. So I will really appreciate it if someone there can help me with how can I stop photoshop from auto-resizing my layers and make it keep my 'custom' layer size.

Thank you in advance for any help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Which version of Photoshop and macOS are you using? How are you trying to resize the layers? Can you share a small video of it so we can better understand?

Check this article to learn more about how to work with layers in Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/ps-layers-basics.html.

Let us know if it helps,

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using photoshop 2023 on macOS 13.1

I want to make an NFT pixel art collection. For this purpose, all of the layers must be the same size as I need to export them as PNG files to put them in the nft generator. If the layers are not with the same size the head layer will be somewhere located and not there where it should be. What I mean:

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 22.47.35.pngScreenshot 2023-01-05 at 22.49.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My canvas size is 50px to 50px, but when I try to export my head is with this size:

21px to 20px. So how can I make my layer size to be 50px to 50px? Doesn't matter if it's head, hat, some accessories and etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Elena Brand are you referring to the thumbnail view in your Layers panel? If so that is not the size of your layer, just the preview of the contents.

Are you using Image Size to resize your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I didn't mean the thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines