• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing makes my image pixelated

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When resizing a design, my images become extremely pixelated. The image size required is very small (192 x 48 pixels), and my assets are much larger. I've tried resizing the assets themselves but they become pixelated when I do that as well. I'm sure I'm missing an easy fix - Any suggestions?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image part of your screenshot measures 1152 x 288 pixels, which means that you're viewing the image at 600% view. Any image will be pixelated at that magnification.

To see a true representation of the image, view it at 100%, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The 100% view looks like this, which is pretty much impossible to work from. But for the sizr requested, I guess this is okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a little soft, I sharpened it using the Detail tab of the Camera Raw Filter (in the Filter menu).

This is as far as I'd go, it's very easy to oversharpen.

Make sure to view the screenshot below at 100%. (and please use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar if you're going to post more images)

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not missing anything. That's just how it works and at such a small size you're basically talking good old pixel-by-pixel optimization like it used to be necessary for icons or game sprites. Anything more than this statement of fact will require a specific explanation of what you want to achieve/ need to do for what purpose and what sources your work is based on.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines