• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Swatches Panel

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the new version of PS allows you to reize the swatches panel, but only so far. Earlier versions would allow you to reize it as small as you want.

But now, no matter how many swatch 'folders' I have (none), I can only scale it to a certain point. Now I have losts of wasted space in my panels. Is there a way to restore the old behaviour?

This is damn annoying.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always tucked panels away in groups; never resized them as small as possible. Were they as small as the tucked-away icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them all grouped off to one side. But I work with files with lots of layers and very few colours. So I've always sized the swatches panel to about one or two rows of colours, with the layers panel underneath stretching to the bottom of the screen.

Currently, the smallest I can vertically size the swatch panel is this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.03.11 PM.png

I used to be able to make the vertical height to fit the top two rows of swatches only. I really would like that behaviour reinstated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Photoshop 23.3.2 and this is still an issue, has this/can this not be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't seem so. They have chosen for it and would need 1000+ votes to spot an obvious problem...

Does it help if you remove all folders except your main stuff? (if you have that luxury)

-

Related problem are panel makers that take up 1/3rd of available space with their logo...

Yes, it stands out in videos for marketing purposes, but if you left us more space, we could buy more of your panels and keep more of them in view. Pls, always include a minimal or small layout. It is a tool, not an ad campaign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines