• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution of lines from illustrator

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm doing architectural line drawing. I worked on the lines in illustrator first, but now when I'm trying to exporting the file in Photoshop but the lines end up being pixilated. I tried saving illustrator files as a photoshop file, copying vector lines into photoshop straight away, keeping the resolution at 300 dpi ... The problem is if I open illustrator (vector file) in photoshop, the lines are crips but the file is a few GB... Is there a format in which I need to save the file in illustrator to be able to open it in photoshop with the best resolution without making it giant? (the illustrator file in 10 MB) Or any other method of opening big illustrator life in photoshop in a good resolution? Any help will be very very appreciated !!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta ask: in Photoshop, you're viewing the 'lines' at 100% zoom? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I printed the drawing and the lines are pixilated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that doesn't answer my question.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Photoshop features do you need to use for the drawing that aren’t available in Illustrator?

Illustrator is resolution-independent, so the lines always look sharp as you work. Photoshop has a fixed pixel grid, so the resolution of both pixel and vector lines is limited by how many (or how few) pixels you have to work with in the document. So the key question here is:

In Photoshop, if you choose Image > Image Size, what are the document Dimensions in pixels, as shown near the top of the Image Size dialog box?

That can often be more important than the ppi resolution setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can make it in Photoshop also using Pen Tool in shape mode that will not be the pixelated first thing is exact size then 300 dpi / ppi resolution save as pdf...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The problem is if I open illustrator (vector file) in photoshop, the lines are crips but the file is a few GB... "

You can not open .ai file without rasterizing it, there must be tons of lines for few GB! Another option is to place Illustrator file what will create Smart Object but still, few GB for file with lines sounds unrealistic. Can you post some more informations about your file and perhaps some screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The links in this reply do not contain an answer to the original question, which is about how the fixed pixel grid of Photoshop is a hard limit on resolution compared to the resolution-independent nature of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines