• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate View tool no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it used to work, it has stopped working. Now, I'm given an error message (Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows) whenever I try to use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences, Performances, turn OFF GPU; any better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing settings in the preferences doesn't seem to do anything. From what I've seen in other topics on here, this is a problem a lot of people are having with the newer updates of Photoshop, so I guess this is a new bug that Adobe may or may not fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotate View Tool (Type R) works just fine here, latest version, MacOS Catalina. 

Sounds like a graphic card issue if it's referencing Open GL; what OS? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7. Nothing on my machine has changed since before the update, but I lost the ability to use a lot of Open GL related features. Other people have reported the same issue and have reverted to older versions of Photoshop to fix it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/rotate-view-tool-troubleshoot/td-p/11236541?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/rotate-view-tool-no-longer-works-in-photoshop-21-9-0/td-p/1...

I guess I have to revert to an older version of Photoshop until the issue is fixed assuming it ever gets fixed. Honestly not a fan of paying a monthly fee to use an outdated version of a piece of software because an update borked it, but I guess this is the new normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've switched back to using a previous version, the problem has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that fixed my issue too-but then my version got updated and I dont have acess to any version older than v 23??? So now no open Gl access again!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work anymore in 2023 on mac monterey M1. 2022 is fine. SO many problems with Adobe software now it's becoming a bit of a joke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work anymore in 2023 on mac monterey M1. 2022 is fine. SO many problems with Adobe software now it's becoming a bit of a joke. 

By @clintonduke

Works just fine on my M1, the last release of PS, no problem, no joke. 

Want to provide more info for assistance? 

All fineAll fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as OP. 

Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows.

Tool doesn't work in 2023. 2022 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tool works for me in PS 2023. On an M1, on Ventura. 

Let's see your preferences; here's mine:

prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines