• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rulers stop working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have compiled a list of bugs that I have experienced in the latest Photoshop update. For reference, the app forced the update as it would crash within 2 minutes of opening. This only occured after the latest update was made available and did not let up until the update took place.

• Rulers stop working when holding shift: When dragging canvas guides the ruler stops responding when you hold shift to get precise 10mm spacings.

• Zoom with Scroll Wheel: Jumps wildly around the page and doesnt respond how it did two months ago. Will not zoom in to where the mouse cursor is held.

• Crop tool jumps between documents: An old bug from an old update that has never been fixed.

• Preferences file corruption: Old bug that has never been fixed. Should be the most simple thing to get correct.

New updates shouldn't break 20 year old features and tools. Please beta test your updates as paying customers are not software testers. If these basic issues keep arising in future forced updates then Adobe will see legal action taken against them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all issues are on notice of the adobe team hope they will be fixed soon..regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you about "Please beta test your updates as paying customers are not software testers."

But I've seen in some other threads that people are left with answers like this when they leave comments like this.

"Who forced you to update the product?"

I was speechless as soon as I saw that sentence.

But what's funny is that there's no reason for us to update (at least we're not part of a company that needs to keep Adobe licenses up to date)

However, most of the reason we're updating is because of bug fixes. Because it's uncomfortable, slow, or unusable.

But some people say, "Who forced you to update to the latest version?" If you want to find a version that doesn't cause problems, you have to use the old version more than you think. For example, 2017-2018 Photoshop.

If you think about the facts like this, I think it needs to be more refined in the update.

I actually install the latest version of Photoshop every release. And after a few tests, I delete it and write the 2018 version that I use. Because what I focus on when I test, is it stable? Is it fast? Can it be used for actual work?But it hasn't been the case in the last few years. Now I want to use real photoshop that has been verified in beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Reuben5E93  ,

We deeply regret about the inconvinience caused because of new update.

Thank you for sharing the issues, we will look into the same.

We are aware of the crash on launch that is occuring on Windows.

The fix for the same is to update the Camera Raw version to 14.4.1 which is available in the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

We request you to update the same to resolve the crash.

Thanks,

Agrita Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Reuben5E93 , can you please share more information regarding "Zoom with Scroll Wheel: Jumps wildly around the page and doesnt respond how it did two months ago. Will not zoom in to where the mouse cursor is held."?

• Is this happening on Mac, Windows, or both?
  • To clarify, you have the Zoom tool selected, and are using the mouse wheel?
  • In Preferences > Tools, what are the checkbox states of "Zoom with Scroll Wheel", "Animated Zoom", and "Overscroll"?

Thank you for your help in tracking down this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when moving a guide, shift key or not, you no longer get the current position of the guide until you drop it.
Rollback to ver 23 worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, first thing I noticed. Really annoying so i've rolled back also. Please fix this problem @Ridam Batra @Matt Fuerch @Agrita Jain 

As @Reuben5E93 has said, new updates should not break 20 year old features and tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Reuben5E93 @ArtScrollCreative - We are aware of the issues related to guides and we are actively working on them. We are hopeful to get a fix in the next release release. Thanks for reporting these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines