Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rules across page since upgrade to 2022

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've upgraded from 2021 to 2022 and am now seeing rulers across the active window when I open a photograph (see photo).
They disappear if I hide rulers, but I use the rulers along the top and side of the window to place objects so need the rulers visible.  How do I get rid of the rulers intersecting on the window but keep the usual rulers along the top and bottom? 

I'm using Windows 10, latest PS version.

TIA

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

If not, it may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the short term you may turn off these new rulers.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.38.54 AM.png
And yes ... Photoshop, select Help > System Info will give us more detail in what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both for your help. 

I had to turn off graphics acceleration as it was unable to cope with PS 2022, then downloaded an update from Adobe, and the rulers disappeared.  Not sure if either of these things made any difference but the issue is resolved for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I raised this issue I've had a new computer.  It has Windows 11 and a high spec

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card, with the driver specifically for graphic design.

Everything was fine for the first month, then 2 days ago Adobe did an update and now the rulers across the page in Photoshop exactly like in my first post are intermittently back! 

I have to close down photoshop and restart, and they disappear.  But then next time I open Photoshop they are back.

In my original post about this problem, I thought the issue was because I had an old graphics card.  But now I have a new high spec graphics cards, new clean laptop, totally clean install of Photoshop from Adobe cloud and new operating system and it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still having the issues with rulers across my page on my brand new laptop with clean PS install.  Can anyone offer a solution?

It's only happening when an external monitor is plugged in.  I have to shut down PS, then reopen and the rulers disappear.  It's driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines