Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save action over riding files

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just bought a new laptop and I am adding a 'save action' to photoshop on it. My previous action on my PC was exactly the same and I never had an issue. This time I am finding the action overrides the previous file so I only ever have one file saved. I am not changing the file name just clicking 'save' but it just saves as the file name that the original file I used to create the action. Any advice to save me pulling my hair out and having to save each file manually?

Thank you

Tanya

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot of the action save step expanded and wide enough to view all content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty simple action. After I convertmy file using my filters to get a colour and my black and while version I then save the colour one to one folder then the B&W one to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't expand the save step so that the recorded item can be viewed. The panel also needs to be wide enough so that no details are chopped off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from my screenshot I have tried 2 differnt methods to save my files. First method I tried Ctr+Shft+S to bring up the save options. The 2nd time I went through the File > Save As. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examples:

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a common problem:

atn.png

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/i-cannot-create-an-action-to-save-a-j...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/problem-in-actions/m-p/13043122

Don't even click or glance sideways at the name area, just navigate to the save folder and hit OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks heaps. I got it working and it is saving me a lot of time!

Tanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines