• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Save as' dialogue box not opening in latest version of photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, new photoshop user here. Everything has been working fine on photoshop up until today, I was messing around with images and went to click 'save as' but nothing happens, the box just doesn't appear. The text in the dropdown 'File' menu briefly goes gray as if it is loading something but then just becomes black again and no save as options appear.

I have the latest version (21.1.3) of photoshop, working on windows 10. Have tried resetting preferences, have uninstalled and reinstlled photoshop twice, still not working. I even scanned my computer health in 'command prompt' but nothing wrong there either. Was not having this problem a few days ago the last time I was using photoshop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

I was able to fix it! I followed a tip on this post about renaming the UXP folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/no-welcome-screen-new-file-screen/td-p/9854370?page=1

Works perfectly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plug-ins – a Font manager maybe?

I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app,  then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again. Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, I ran the cleanup tool after uninstalling photoshop then re-installed it, (did 'clean all') but unfortunately I still have the same problem. I should also mention that the buttons 'New' and 'Open' are also not working, and that when I open photoshop I do not have the usual start screen showing recent projects, it is just a blank grey screen with the toolbar at the top of the page. I do not have any third party plug-ins either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your system specs -- how much RAM etc.

Did you reset your preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have reset the preferences and then restarted photoshop but still all the same issues. My laptop is a HP envy notebook from 2014, it's getting old and it was never meant for running heavy softwares but it was running photoshop just fine up until now. 

Some specs:

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.50GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.21 GB usable)

Let me know if there's any other information I should provide! Apologies if there's something I'm missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are similar post if you can try the following link and update us whether it works for you or not.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/save-as-dialogue-box-won-t-open-can-t-save-files-in-photosh...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-21-0-2-on-macos-catalina-10-15-1-file-save-d...

If any of the solution works for you let us know.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix it! I followed a tip on this post about renaming the UXP folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/no-welcome-screen-new-file-screen/td-p/9854370?page=1

Works perfectly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem some months ago, worked with Adobe support, who did a bunch of I don't remember and solved the problem.  Just today, the problem reappeared. My Library->Application Support->UXP directory has already been renamed to ~UXP (Adobe support must have done this). So now what? Name it back to UXP? 

I'm running PS 21.2.4 on a late 2015 iMac running macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. I've been reluctant to upgrade to PS 22 because of the age and general decrepit state of my machine. Would upgrading PS be of any help with this problem anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the kinda same issue, pls help! I can't save as psd. file because of the "save" or "save as" dialog box does not appear. When I clicked on "save" or "save as" nothing happen...that mean I can only use "export", but I need to keep my process as psd. 

I  renamed it to ~UXP too, but it's doesn't help at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is happening to me right now. I have macOS Big Sur 11.4 and the Save and Save As window never appears 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I am having this issue now after upgrading to the latest 17.0 version of InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem is happening to me now.

Detail information is in this post in community.

I've tried everything:

reset setting,

added permission to "Full Disk Access",

deleted settings while openning PS 2022,

did uninstall>reinstall...

renamed ~uxp

nothing does help so far, the dialog doesn't appear, same to "Export" after clicking "Export" in the export window.

Anyone if can provide solution will be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did everything listed here, there and everywhere. Got adobe support to remote login. After a few hours and many attempts they tell me it's my monitor. Somehow they made my monitor longer compatible with photoshop.

A Benq PD 2710QC. Designed specificaly for colour work. I don't how they did it but here we are.

So a heads up. If you are planning on an external monitor for your MacBook Pro ask Adobe if they are planning on making incompatible with any of their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! This is exactly same to me!

You see I've posted 2 posts here, until I read your this reply.

I tried to un-plug the external monitor from my Macbook, then I can see the "Save As" dialog!

But, the problem is, I have done nothing, the external monitor has been connecting to my Macbook for weeks, and everything has been working well, until hours ago, suddenly, the Save As window won't appear any more, it is so weird.

Do you have a solution right now? I don't think I can work without an external monitor...

Thank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unformately i got aa new macbook pro so it came preloaded with the new MacOs so this isnt an option at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a 3rd remote session with Adobe I was finally informed it is MacOS 12 that is to blame and they are working with Apple to resolve the issue.

With much trepidation I wiped my drive and reinstalled MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1. Reinstalled Adobe Photoshop and it's all working fine now.

Important safety tip. Don't update your OS until Adobe and Apple play nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Suddenly no warnings/dialogs in PS 2022 on Monterey. No fix after resetting prefs, reinstalling, etc. I've acheived at least a temporary workaround by going to Prefs>General and resetting all warning dialogs. Of course, now I have the irritating warning dialogs, but at least I can work with my external monitor attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Wow, this actually worked for me, unplugging my monitor. Adobe, fix this. Not paying this much for your products to have these rediculus issues. 

Thanks, 

Felix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, you are not addressing Adobe on here. If around $10 a month is too much for you to pay, there is the alternative of Photoshop Elements (for a one-off payment) or Gimp, which is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, a snide comment about the cost being too much for him isn't helpful. Any amount is too much for a piece of software with known issues affecting basic functionality that go unsolved for months on end. I'm having the same issue now for months with a new Macbook Pro and my external monitors. Photoshop is flat-out broken for my very basic workflow needs since I can't save my work without unplugging my monitors. It's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on my 21 MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.1 and running Photoshop 2022.

Anytime I go to "transform" or "save" Photoshop seems to freeze. A dialouge box is open in the background but I cannot see it. I only know its open because if I hit "return" (enter) it pops up for a split second and I can use the program freely again. This is an extremely annoying inconvinence and I need to fix this ASAP. I have no idea what the box is prompting me to do which makes this even more difficult to troubleshoot.

I tried renaming the "UXP" folder as mentioned above but I can't seem to find it.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Seems to mostly be happeneing when working in large files (20+GB). This has been going on since I got my new Mac in March and the last Photoshop update... so I can't tell which is to blame. But it is killing me to have to recreate these large files because I cannot get them to save and I am having to force quit PS.

I had a solve for a bit where I was saving the file before I started building it, that way it had a location to save to when I used Command + S but that seems to have stopped working... please help! I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue right now! I have 5 files opened that are NOT saving. When I click save, save as, export- NOTHING pops up and it will not save. I do not want to have to re-create all of these files and go through the same thing. I am really at my wits end trying to figure how to save without having to force-quit and lose all of my wotk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO, it's not the most reliable thing but yesterday I just gave up and force quit Photoshop. Then without relaunching Ps, I just opened a different .psd file and my file opened after as a recovered file! (Two recovery files actually, at two different stages of progress). Other than that, I have no answers for what to do 😕 Saving the blank file and then working and then just using command S worked a couple times last week. I hope they fix this bug soon!

Jessica Ebarb

Personal information removed by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jessica! I force quit photoshop and thank God it saved as recovery files! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines