• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Save as' dialogue box not opening in latest version of photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, new photoshop user here. Everything has been working fine on photoshop up until today, I was messing around with images and went to click 'save as' but nothing happens, the box just doesn't appear. The text in the dropdown 'File' menu briefly goes gray as if it is loading something but then just becomes black again and no save as options appear.

I have the latest version (21.1.3) of photoshop, working on windows 10. Have tried resetting preferences, have uninstalled and reinstlled photoshop twice, still not working. I even scanned my computer health in 'command prompt' but nothing wrong there either. Was not having this problem a few days ago the last time I was using photoshop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

I was able to fix it! I followed a tip on this post about renaming the UXP folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/no-welcome-screen-new-file-screen/td-p/9854370?page=1

Works perfectly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with the "save as" command.

So I got a hunch that maybe it had something to do with saving files on the Adobe cloud.

Since I don't save my files on the Adobe cloud, I decided to turn off my wifi.

And with the wifi off, I can now use the "save as" command.

This is a workaround that works but only if you save files to a local hard drive.

Adobe really needs to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now May 18th 2022, and I have a Macbook Pro M1 with latest version of PS installed and having the same issue. All popup dialog boxes are hidden. Any solution as of yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my PC is connected to Internet, Save as not working, when my PC is disconnected, alles OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this trouble with the 2022 version. No dialog box when clicking and of the File>Save options. I'm a Mac user and went to Photoshop>Prefrences>File Handling>Default File Location drop-down and select On your computer. After I hit ok, I tried saving again and the dialog box appeared! Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A WORKAROUND!!!! (for Apple devices) If "Save as" window does not pop up try going to File - Share - Air Drop it to your other apple device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to resolve it in my case.

First of all the reason why it stopped working.

- Restarted Window. Cliked to open a file in PhotoShop that was stored on my Google Drive. However Google Drive was not running at that moment. The file disappeared from the quickload panel.

- Then when I opened any other faile and clicked on save or save as Photoshop froze but was apparently not crashing. Had to manually kill it with Task Manager.

Solution:

I openen Google Drive again and started the file directly from Windows Explorer (open with Photoshop). It loaded it into Photoshop and after that Save/Save As was working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as Copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, ok? The problem was windows opening off-screen when a Mac user had a second display. I believe this has long since been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll perhaps want to check "Enable legacy Save As" in file handling Preferences

large.png

 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines