Save-As dialogue box often stops appearing

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I've been observing for months now. It happens after using Adobe Photoshop CC on MacOS Monterey for a few minutes of activity. I'll be working on files, saving them using Save-As or Save As Copy and after about 10 minutes of working on files, it'll stop showing the dialogue box where I get to select the folder to save the next file in. This will not go away until I close and reopen Photoshop CC. It's an absolute pain to have worked on that file for so long and then be unable to save it in any way, because the dialogue box won't open up. Even Cmd+S doesn't save the file because no further Macos Finder dialogue box opens up

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zoomnclick 

A few questions:

• Do you (or have you ever had) a second monitor?
  • Do you save when you first start a document? After that does Cmd+S work to save it in its current state?
  • What do you see in the History panel as you are trying to save?
  • Do you get any dialog box at all?
  • Is there any chance the dialog is showing up behind Photoshop?
  • Is the Application Frame enabled?
  • Are you using Consolidate for the document windows?

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane,

• I have used a 2nd monitor for a very short period of time.
  • Maybe a day at most, and that was with Adobe Lightroom. But this issue happens outside of that on my Macbook Air M1.
  • I don't get any dialogue box at all
  • I will check on this next time, but I don't think it appears behind PS either
  • Application Frame is ticked in the Window drop down list
  • Not to the best of my knowledge

Thank you very much; I really appreciate your response

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines