• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As Dialogue Box Only Displays Same File Types as File Being Saved

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC on Windows 10. Every time I try to to a Save As, the dialog box only shows files of the same file type I am saving as. For example, if I am saving a PSD, I ONLY see other PSD files and not any of the JPEGs, PNGs, etc. that are in the same folder. This is super annoying and inefficient because often I want to see those other files for naming purposes. I have tried searching through the Preferences menu and I can't find any way of making them show. This doesn't seem isolated to just Photosohop, as I experience the same thing in InDesign and Illustrator. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you only experiencing this with Adobe products? Do you see it, for example, with any Microsoft products? I'm trying to work out if this is an Adobe product or an Operating System issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is a normal windows behavior, did you try in word?

You'd only see .doc if you save in the native format, or .pdf if you switch to that one.

I would post in the Microsoft forums to get a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - good point! I checked Word and Excel and it appears I'm having the same issue there, so it must be something OS related. I'll see if I can work with Microsoft and/or my IT department to see if there's a solution. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best of luck. Please let us know if/when you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines