Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Save As to Original Folder not working consistently

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, I figure this is something dumb I'm doing, but...

Regular PC, Windows 10, Photoshop 23.  But this ISN'T a new thing with 23.  It's been wonky for a while.

My external editor in Lightroom is set to use a TIF instead of a psd (recommendation in here a while back).

I found some ancient posts, from back in 2018 that had the problem with PDF files, but these are TIF outputs.

If I do a "Save", it usually (I think) goes back to the source folder.

If I do a "Save As" it's likely to put the file just about anywhere.  Sometimes it uses C:\Pictures - which I never use.  TODAY it's been putting it in the Users/<me>/Creative Cloud Files folder, which I didn't even know existed.......

It wouldn't be a big deal except after so many years of having Save As point to where the image came from I NEVER remember to check every time to see where Photoshop is going to dump the output THIS time...  When I can't find the new file I have to go back to PS, do another Save As and see where it thinks files should go.  Then go find the file and move it back to where it belongs.

YES, the box for Save As to Original Folder is checked.

Yes, I've restarted Photoshop and verified it's checked.

Yes, I've rebooted the system.

I've got a desktop and a laptop, and it does this on both of them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong here? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines