• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clikc new "save as" ( Who came up with this idea should burn in hell), it goes to a last folder where I saved Jpg, BUT NOT THE CURRENT PSD. No sense. 

I have strong feeling that NOBODY tests adobe products before releases. 

And look at description, Update which fixes bugs of previous update of previous update etc etc etc 

Come on. Hire a few good programmers and one manager with brain.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

This terrific step-by-step YouTube tutorial explains when to use and the differences between Save, Save As, Save a Copy and Export As:

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should check the countless threads on this matter on this forum before sounding off. You’ll discover it's an issue caused by Apple not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clikc new "save as" ... it goes to a last folder where I saved Jpg, BUT NOT THE CURRENT PSD.

Can you explain what you mean a bit more? Perhaps give us some steps to follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This terrific step-by-step YouTube tutorial explains when to use and the differences between Save, Save As, Save a Copy and Export As:

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found your comment, I know it is not Apple, that is just a way to say that Apple is not good. It is actually Adobe, I dont have any problems like this with other programs that I use. I want to save my files direclty to the desktop but I cant. It chooses folders that I dont want to save in. I have the same problem when I use a PC, I cant save direclty to the desktop. In older versions of Photoshop, I was able to save direclty to the desktop. Then this past year I ge this new Adobe Photoshop and end up with a long process of saving if I dont have a folder on the desktop. Then the option to save as a .jpg is under export as, then I have to navigate to that folder. If I forget to create a folder then I have to create one on the desktop then navigate to that folder in export as. If I create a foler in export as, then I end up having to create that folder in a different folder. Then when I finish saving, I have to find that folder and place it on the desktop. I have this same problem with my PC MS Windows... There are allot of other problems with the saving issue. Its not Apple or MS Windows, it is Adobe. I use both...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can save to my desktop just fine, and I haven't heard of this anywhere else either, so I don't know what the problem is. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's a permissions issue in your user account. That's your operating system, not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines