• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save File Disappeared

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue mentioned in a few other disccusions, but I've yet to see an answer provided that can help my current situation. So, hopefully someone may have figured out the answer and can share.

Basically, every now and then a file I saved to my desktop just disapears. For example, I have a image I'm working on in Photoshop. I click "Save As" and create a folder on my desktop called "LTTF" (abriviation for the project I'm working on). In that folder I save the file as a TIFF named "LTTD Page 1".  I go to my desktop and see the folder. I open the folder and the TIFF file is right there, named correctly. I leave that folder open then alt tab back to Photoshop (maximaizing it). The folder is now in the background, not minamized, hidden behind the open Photoshop window.

After working for a bit more on the image, about a minute later, I minamize Photoshop to see the folder has been renamed to the default "New Folder (1)". The TIFF file is still there, correctlty named. Not quite sure what is going on, I maxamize Photoshop and saved my current progress just to be sure. When saving I get an error message that the file doesn't exist and can't be found. I minamize Photoshop and see that the TIFF file that was there a moment ago is now gone. The file just up and disapeared. Just to be sure I even run a DIR search via CMD prompt, but the file does not show up. The file just doesn't exist on my computer anymore. It does show up in the Recent projects list when I open Photoshop up, but when clicked it won't open  as it claims the files can't be found or is missing. 

Would really appreciate any advice on this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide information on the machine specs, what version you're working on, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a cloud-based desktop?

As I understand, you can now have a Windows user account entirely in the cloud (not locally on the machine), and the desktop with it. Large files and cloud saving is not a good combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines