• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Disabled in Photoshop CC: Solution Found

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem with the Save for Web feature being disabled and just wanted to share the solution that I found. First, to describe the problem: Save for Web was grayed out and nothing I tried could get it back. It wasn't a problem with the image color mode, bit depth or anything like that. Rebooting my Windows 7 PC did not help. Deleting my preferences did not help. Ultimately, what I had to do was uninstall/reinstall Photoshop CC. Now, it's working fine again.

David Salahi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also noticed that when workin on 32 bits disapears but goes well on 16 bits;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I uninstalled Adobe Photoshop and reinstalled it with no luck. 

The "save for web" is still grayed out. What is going on??  Adobe please help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks...worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the install & re-intall doesnt' seem to work on Mac's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and then realized that my color mode was set to RBG 32-bit. When I changed it to 8-bit, it worked fine. This is perfect for low-res images, but don't know the work around if you're wanting to hang on to 32-bit images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really using 32 bit/channel High Dynamic Range images, or just confusing 32 bit/channel with the misused "32 bit" meaning 8 bit/channel RGB + Transparency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I spend most of my time in Premiere and After Effects, so I'm not as adept at Photoshop. When I showed our designer what was going on, he suggested I check the color mode. So, what I did was click Image -> Mode, then noticed the image I had loaded had defaulted to RGB and 32 Bits/Channel. When I changed it to RGB and 8 Bits/Channel, the Save for Web function worked. Ironically, the image I loaded was just a screenshot from my Android smartphone, so I can't image that it was truly 32 Bits/Channel. I just tried loading several other images from my hard drive, and if the Mode was set to 8 Bits/Channel or 16 Bits/Channel, the Save for Web function works... but if I changed any of the modes to 32 Bits/Channel, the function was grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is exactly what fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This actually works! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Mac user, I am having a similar issue. When I try to "save to web" (basically save an image as a PNG without a background/transparent) it lags so deeply, it took 15 minutes just for the rainbow wheel to stop spinning. Then the computer started wheezing from being over-heated, and when I tried to quickly save it as a PNG it started lagging again. I had to force quit. This happened many times before, I re-installed and it cured it, but then it started happening AGAIN, and the reinstall is not helping at all. So I don't know what to do. I've probably force quit 30 times by now, in my attempts. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the option back by switching from 32-bit to 16-bit color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are making web images, you shouldn't be using 32 bit/channel floating point HDR images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching from 32bit to 16bit worked for me!

Is there a significant difference in quality between 32bit and 16bit color depth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - you need to read up on what 32 bit/channel HDR is and when it should be used.

And for web images, you may not even need 16 bit/channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save for web option is there. just click file>export>save for web.. and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That's where is it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this article that Adobe put out in case anyone didn't see it yet and you don't know where to look for the Save to Web function. It is still there but under export with a Legacy tag. Here is the article which explains why they moved it: Save for Web in Photoshop CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem today. I also noticed that the selection says "Save for web (Legacy),,," Does the mean that Adobe is removing this as an option? That does not make me happy, as I use this all of the time.

I also noticed, if your image is a 32 bit image, Save for web is disabled. You cannot export 32 bit images using Save for web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers: HP's table computer Windows 10 and Mac Book Pro Laptop. I have downloaded the Adobe CC in both of my computers. The Save for web works very well in Mac's Photoshop CC but not in Windows. It worked once. I did all the things that would be the solutions for that problem like uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but it did not work at all. When I am trying to save digital camera image for web in my Windows it says (this is freely translated from Finnish, because my Photoshop is in Finnish): The Function / Operation could not completed. What does it mean? What do I have to do to solve that big problem? I have to use Photoshop CC in Windows 10 because I have a 2 Tera bite hard drive that only works in Windows. The other hard drives of mine are quite full and one is almost out of order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanku sir.. its working.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED
Image too big to process.  Size the file (w x h) down first.

I opened the same PSD in PS5 and it said "image too big for web export.  Processing might be slow".

No error message in PScc ?

Anyway the sized down version processed to the save for web feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your image Bits
Image - Mode - set Image 16 bits / Channel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines