• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save For Web Error - PS22.1 Mac10.15.7

Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm running the latest release of Photoshop (22.1.0) and Mac Catalina (10.15.7).

With the latest Photoshop release I'm getting an error, "Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred." when trying to use Save For Web.

I am trying to save an animated GIF (which is why I have to use the Save For Web function, but it also happens when I try to save as a jpg using Save For Web.)

Things I have tried:

• Deleting the Save For Web preference files (both in normal user preferences and in Adobe preferences)
  • Resetting NVRAM
  • Made sure Photoshop has Full Disk Access
  • Tried saving the file at a smaller size in case the file was too big
  • Sent the file to a friend who has been able to export the gif successfully, so it's not a problem with the original file.

My current workaround is to use the 'preview' option in the Save For Web dialogue then to save it from the browser, but I would love to fix this instead of using a workaround.

Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the same problem! Was working fine a few days ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downgraded to 22.0.1 and it works fine, which suggests its a problem with the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is related to the other "could not complete" errors people are getting when just trying to save a document. The workaround for that was to try hiding layers or cropping the overall document a bit before saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I logged in just to say: Thank you. The workaround is enough for now on my side, but was also much needed. I never really used the preview button before, so I would have ever thought of that! I can continue working now haha. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running into this same issue over the past week, and wanted to echo the use of the "Preview" button to get my jpg/png files. It's a kludge-y workaround, but it does the trick. (I had never even noticed the preview button before, and I've been using "Save for Web" for 20 years!)

Elsewhere, I've seen the suggestion to use the Command-Option-Shift-W (on Mac) shortcut to the "Export as..." dialogue. It does okay, but I'm not certain it gives the same level of compression without decreasing the image quality.

I run most of my web images through TinyPNG anyway, though, so I can still get lighter files after using "Export as...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo, what I am doing now is I duplicate an older file that I have already completed from a coupkle weeks back when photoshop was working.  Then i just open up the duplicate and I can change it to whatever I am trying to do and it saves normally no need to workaround at that point.  Im not sure if that helps your situation but I thought I would try.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a solution to this? Does Adobe support read these at all? I have the same problem,  it happened in the middle of saving a bunch of images for web, where I stopped in the middle and used Finder to organize the folder I was saving the images in web for and I moved the folder to a different location. That seemed to upset the save for web function to give me this error,  the error persisted even though I tried moving the files and folders back in the same location, I tried, emptying the library cache, restarting everything, nothing works, it's quite essential for this function to work for me as I use it every day for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you moving the file to an external hard drive? 
How is the folder named? Any illegal characters? 

We might need a little mire I formation to help troubleshoot this with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 22.0.1 and haven't had a problem since. Will try updating again when I don't have any big projects on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't have this issue, but now that I updated to 22.3 it happens to me to... Adobe, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously ADOBE, we all have been having this problem - and the original ticket is from 3 months ago.  COME ON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well! The work around wouldnt save as a jpg for me..unless i'm missing a step. Regardless I would like to stop getting "a write permissions error has occurred photoshop" when I try to save. I have the latest version of macOS Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? Adobe? Adobe? Bueller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I realize the OP stated this, but if this wasn't already obvious enough, the problem is specific to Save For Web, because the error doesn;t occur when saving a standard JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE do you care? Are you out there? My client needs there gifs and this has been going on for weeks now! Please help us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in a reply above (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/save-for-web-error-ps22-1-mac10-15-7/m-p/11797258#M508719) I had this problem for a few months. It was annoying, and I had to use the Preview workaround. (Thankfully I don't find much call to make animated gifs, so that wasn't a roadblock for me.)

Sometime in the past few weeks the issue seems to have resolved itself, though, probably with one of the latest PS updates (on Mac). I'm hoping that means they patched whatever the problem was and that you all aren't experiencing it anymore, either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost a year later and I am still waiting for a resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the fix, and believe me - I tried everything. If you're on a mac, follow the directions I put in this screenshot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Queso Grande, worked for me iMac 2020 with Big Sur version 11.2.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped! Man, that glitch was really killing my workflow. Good to know sharing that tip saved you from some of the frustration. Thanks for replying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me! Feel like crying and screaming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY SOLVED! Thanks a lot! Everything is back to normal here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crazy. There's a similar issue in Lightroom Classic that can result in data loss that hasn't been patched for over a year now. I bugged it back then and now on a fresh install with a new machine, the same Security Pref bug was still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines