• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Error when exporting gifs

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been unable to export gifs for while. I'm on a completely new 1 week old macbook. I'm currently trying to convert an mp4 to a gif, even exporting a simple 3 frame gif doesn't work. I'm exporting by going to File>Export>Save for Web(legacy)

Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred.

Apple M3 Pro

36GB

MacOS Sanoma

Photoshop is up to date

I've tried older versions of photoshop (23 doesn't seem to be available to download), reducing the files size, changing the image processing settings, reducing the colours and the dithering, changing the location it's being saved. I have plenty of storage space, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @natashat19402718, wondering if you were able to do this same workflow before using Sonoma. I realize this is a new MacBook, but were you using another computer with Ventura OS where gif export worked? Some users have reported incompatibility issues with Sonoma, but most of those have since been resolved. This is only a start of the process of elimination to figure out what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there was a point where I could export gifs on my previous desktop mac but I'm not sure what changed. I did just try and export a gif on a that same desktop mac which does use Ventura 13.5 instead and had the exact same error message on Photoshop 25.

I've also just tried exporting in the Intel version and then tried ticking the 'Open using Rosetta' box in the info panel too but got the same error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks for that extra info. Could you try granting Read and Write permissions to the Adobe folder at the locations mentioned in this Adobe helpx article to see if that makes any difference? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/required-permissions-for-photoshop0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines