save for web not working for psb file.. help?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working with a large format image that is 618 inches long and 168 inches tall. I need to divide it into 3 and export as separate images. In the past I've done export>save for web and then it saves all three slices in a folder as separate images. But the save for web isn't working. I'm assuming its bc the file is huge. Any ideas as to how to save it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

psb for web?

i am not into web design .. but my photoshop does not give me the option to choose PSB in "save for web".

only GIF, PNG, JPG, WBMP. these are the typical image formats for web.

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

psb for web?

i am not into web design .. but my photoshop does not give me the option to choose PSB in "save for web".

only GIF, PNG, JPG, WBMP. these are the typical image formats for web.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What anip was trying to say was, He is working on PSB file and when trying to export the "save for web" is greyed out which is happening to me. Unfortunately my dimensions are wave more complicated, 2226x32966

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems reasonable that Save for Web would reject very large image sizes. It was made only for saving normal web graphics. Save it another way. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if a large file can make it into Save for Web, there is an 8192px limit, where larger content will be resampled down to 8192px.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines