Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SaveAs script not working after update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I use a SaveAs script (written by someone who I no longer work with), to save out images for work.

It should save a psd in a certain folder, saving over the psd of the same name that is already in that folder, then save a png in a separate folder, also saving over a png that is already in that folder.  I have been on Catalina and it has been working perfectly.

Since updating to Monterey, the script is getting stuck at line 6 (doc.saveAs(saveFile, saveOptions);) and then failing. 

I think the issue lies somewhere in the SaveAs (and perhaps the changes around SaveAs and Save As Copy?), because if I delete the image in the folder it's saving to, it works, but if it needs to save over that image, it doesn't work.

I have a pretty limited knowledge of scripting so any help would be greatly appreciated!! Script attached as plain text. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Have you tried enabling "Enable legacy save as" in Preferences/File Handling and restarting?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried enabling "Enable legacy save as" in Preferences/File Handling and restarting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! I had thought this would be the solve but not all users had it as an option - turns out we weren't all running the same version of photoshop (bit embarrassing that we didn't check that first hey!). Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines