• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved workspace not working [Ps 21.2.1; Window 10]

Advisor ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the last PS update I keep losing my workspace altough I constantly re-arrange and save it. When I re-open PS the workspace is lost and everything is scattered and the UI is totally different. I have deleted my named workspace, re-established it with a different name but problem is still there. This never used to be a problem before. Please fix this bug.

W10
Ps 21.2.1

[version added to subject by moderator]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Just to check the obvious, having arranged your new Workspace do you select: Windows > Workspace > New Workspace, then name it, and tick the relevant boxes and Save it?

If this didn't work, try reseting your Photoshop preferenes.

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 08.53.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

What other assets have you lost other than libraries? Most can (and should) be backed up from the panel menus, such as actions, gradients, custom shapes, to name a few. Then they can be loaded back in from the panel menus if Photoshop stops working unexpectedly and you have no choice but to reset preferences.

Workspace are stored in 

• Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/WorkSpaces (Mac)
    or 
  • Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check the obvious, having arranged your new Workspace do you select: Windows > Workspace > New Workspace, then name it, and tick the relevant boxes and Save it?

If this didn't work, try reseting your Photoshop preferenes.

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 08.53.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do it like that. Are there other ways to save a workspace? There's a workspace icon docked top right outside the text menu but that does the same as the text menu approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything like that behaviour here. V21.1.2 on Windows 10.

If you reset your workspace does it go back to the way you saved it?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting and making a new workspace three times, each time with a new name, I suddenly got to keep it. Seems to me that there's something buggy about this feature in 21.2.1. I don't know how long I'm gonna be able to keep this setting but so far the last workspace I made has lasted for two re-openings of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bad experiences with ditching my prefs cause it always result in me losing alot of stored assets that I've cherry picked. Last time I did that my whole library went south as well so forgive me for being a tad sceptic of that. But it seems like the workspace issue solved itself with me deleting and establishing new workspace three times in a row with a new name each time. Nuthing else seemed to work (deleting prefs perhaps but not tried here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Edit > Purge > All then close & re-open the application, and/or reset the default preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after launching the application. Cheers. ~RR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe just Restoring Default Workspaces instead of resetting default preferences? ~RR

2020-08-04 06_45_03-Window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I never thought of that. Will keep it in mind. Right now I'm afraid to do anything cause I just got stuff back to working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What other assets have you lost other than libraries? Most can (and should) be backed up from the panel menus, such as actions, gradients, custom shapes, to name a few. Then they can be loaded back in from the panel menus if Photoshop stops working unexpectedly and you have no choice but to reset preferences.

Workspace are stored in 

• Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/WorkSpaces (Mac)
    or 
  • Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/Workspaces (Win).

Check to see if your saved workspaces all got saved properly.

The most common reason for this not to work is that you don't have user rights to the Preferences folder, but since it's working for you now, that can't be the reason in your case.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Workspace are stored in 

• Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/WorkSpaces (Mac)"

That address goes to Preferences and stops. There is no "Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/WorkSpaces" on the latest OS 12.2.1. I did a search for a file or directory named "workspaces" and got nada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. My workspaces are acting exactly like the OP's and here it is two years later. I thought it might be because I upgraded to a new MacBook Pro and PS wasn't playing well with the new M1 chips, but the OP posted in 2020 and those chips weren't out then I don't think.  

So far, the replies have all suggested workarounds. I'd say if you set your screen like you want it to look and establish and save the workspace you should be done. I have done this several times without luck. Failure to save and reopen the workspace is a program bug and needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get it to work? Here it is Feb 13, 2023 and I have been having the same problem. I tried to fix it doing all the rearranging, renaming and resaving without luck. After half a day looking in the forums I decided to just punt because I was losing so much time trying to solve the problem that it was better to get over it and rearrange the screen every time. Then today a friend with a new macbook pro called me to ask about the same problem. Here I am in the forums again and it still seems to be a problem. Anybody have a clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines