Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as a photo with printing marks to hard drive

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to save my file to my hard drive with the printing marks to then emial to a magazine companny? I know I go to print under file, I can print with the prinitng marks on a paper. But, I want to save to my hard drive instead. There is no way to selec that.

Now, If I go to the save or save a copy, I don't have options to include the printing marks on them. I'm saving these as a Photoshop PDF with Press quailty setting. Nothing for adding printing markers or bleed marks.

Can this be done in Photochop? I have the newest version PS on a  M2 Pro macbook pro.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use InDesign for that. Photoshop doesn't have this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse you can on a Mac here's how @Thomasjcolbert 

Go to print menu and choose all the features you want to show: Scale, crop marks, etc.

The key (for Mac) is to then go to Print. A secondary window will appear on Mac OS allowing you to save as a PDF.

This includes all your crop marks, etc.

After choosing PDF it will ask where you want to save your PDF - choose your HD.

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1677609954518.png

Click Save when ready

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. As it turns out, you can in fact do that on Windows too.

I knew about print to PDF, but I hadn't noticed you could set printer's marks from the print dialog. Learn something new every day.

Mind you, I'd still do that from InDesign - but if you don't have that, this is a possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Humbled that I taught you something @D Fosse after you've schooled me plenty of times with color management, etc. Glad to return the favor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no need to do so for images, this is intended for pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephen_A_Marsh either way, Photoshop does allow you to add color bars, crop marks, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephen_A_Marsh either way, Photoshop does allow you to add color bars, crop marks, etc.

By @kevin stohlmeyer

100% Kevin, no debate on the feature to add such marks, I'm just noting that for image submission for a magazine, this shouldn't be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines