• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as tiff to my computer not to creative cloud, AGAIN!

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me understand why this happens every 3 months or so. Why does adobe force me to save my layered files to my computer instead of to creative cloud, like it has in the past? It takes up way too much space on my computer and causes disk space issues. Please help allow me to save my work to creative cloud before turning it into a Jpeg. I have plenty of  space within Adobe. 

Now - "Save As"(No Bueno!)

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 12.42.18 PM.png

Before - "Save As" (Yes, please)

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 12.37.16 PM.png

Please help. Thank you. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Maybe it has to do with Lightroom since I send the file from LR to photoshop for futher edits?

By @Rebecca5E3B

I don't use Lr, so that might be very relevant to the situation!

What happens if you go to Image > Duplicate and save the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your preferences are resetting otherwise what you select for this option will stick. Check when updating within Adobe Creative Cloud you keep preferences. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-edited this to make the answer more organized.

I see the problem and (hopefully) checked my work.

You can only save as PSDs as a Cloud Documents, not any other file type. No tiffs as an example. That's why it's grayed out.

When you select PSD, then it's an option. You click on Cloud Documents and you will get that Cloud Document dialog..

If you prefer it goes to your Creative Files folder where you have 2 TB of Storage, first make this folder the default for Save As

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 1.31.51 PM.png

Then you can erase the original layered file from your drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

Perhaps my post was confusing or I am misunderstanding your replay. I am trying to save my PSD files to creative cloud. I do not want to save large files to my desktop.

Every 3 months or so adobe stops allowing this feature and forces me to save to my computer as a tiff, psd, etc. I do not  want this. It takes up too much space on my computer. It seems I'm the only person who likes saving their psd files to creative cloud, I guess? All I ever find are people trying to stop CC's default setting. Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users complain that they don't wish to save to the cloud and hate that the default option is cloud, not local computer!

Prefernces can become corrupted and or reset. It is possible to create an action or script to ensure that each time Photoshop is started the defaults are automatically changed to reflect your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, I noticed that. I like that I can save layered files of my work elsewhere and not on my computer. I have very limited space and Creative cloud allows me to search for old psd files when needed.

I clicked the "save as legacy" default within Preferances which fixed the issue before. On a whim, I unclicked it that option and restarted Photoshop and now seems to allow me to save to the cloud. So maybe that was the issue? : / Anyways, thanks for the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad your sorted, however, I was going to point to the following option, not legacy save as:

cloud-save.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this!

I wish I could say it has sorted itself out, but it looks like it defaulted again. ;((((((((

So I should select the default file location as "on your computer" shouldn't I it be Creative Cloud? This is what mine currently looks like with the active issue. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 4.11.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, set it to Creative Cloud if you don't want to save locally, that was just my system setup where I do prefer local saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Creative Cloud was already my setting and it's still not working.

It's odd because former cloud files allow me to "Save As" to the creatice cloud again if I want to rename it?!  I don't know. Maybe it has to do with Lightroom since I send the file from LR to photoshop for futher edits? I'm not a tech wiz and this is super frustrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it has to do with Lightroom since I send the file from LR to photoshop for futher edits?

By @Rebecca5E3B

I don't use Lr, so that might be very relevant to the situation!

What happens if you go to Image > Duplicate and save the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Stephen, you are a genius!  It's not ideal to have that added step, but it is a work around for now (until I find out way LR could be causing this issue). Thank you so much for trouble shooting and Happy New Years! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines