Saving files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a NEF file with Bridge, edit it in PS and want to save it, PS will save it as PDF though I have also saved files as JPG's.WHY????
Besides, both PS and Bridge are extremely slow. How do I get in contact with a supporter about this? It seems they do everything possible to hide from customers.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHY?
The Photoshop "Save As" dialogue has a file format options pulldown, perhaps you need to set that to Jpeg if that’s what you want.

Jpeg is not a file format I'd recommend for "master files" since either resizing or cropping forces another round of compression further damaging the file. Tiff or PSD is far better, then when (if) making a Pjpeg make a copy, don't destroy the original.

Martin Evening, author of Photoshop for Photographers opined that making a Jpeg loses up to 83% of image data (this compared to RAW but you get the point?)

Yeah it's hard to get a hold of Adobe staff, they do lurk on here and reply sometimes, but mostly it's users helping users.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines