Saving from ProPhotoRGB to JPG with Embedded sRGB over saturating colours !!! Adding Reds !

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Fighitng second day now with exporting issue. 

Since updated Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom my photos are exporing with over saturated colours !!

I do edit with ProPhotoRGB profile.

Saving : Tried few ways

- Export as JPG - Embedded Profile + Converting to sRGB - Over Saturating Reds 

- Save to Web  - same result

- Save As - JPG - Same situation....

below snapshopt and attached exported.

Wojcisz_0-1611004865719.png

This is drives me absolute maaaad and angry ! 2 days spent trying to fix one flaw (actually massive issue)... How do I fix this ?! Please Adobe support .....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with the file. It has to do with the application you are using to view the file.

If it doesn't support color management (like e.g. Windows "Photos"), it will display according to whatever characteristics your monitor has. If that's a wide gamut model, sRGB gets oversaturated.

If you open the exported file in Photoshop again, it should display correctly if the document profile is embedded.

Color management was invented for this reason. It takes the monitor out of the equation and displays the file correctly. When the color management chain breaks, like in an application that doesn't do it, all bets are off.

Wide gamut monitors can only be used with fully color managed software. No exceptions. That's the deal you accept when purchasing one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you view a saved image in Photoshop, do you see the colour shift you describe?
You must view your saved images using application programs that support colour management.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines