• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saving jpg's in new 2023 photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since using Photoshop 2023 I am having a problem saving jpgs in my usual way ..

the program defaults to PDF ..   I went into preferences and sorted that part out , 

but when I name a file and save it as a jpg I do not now get the jpg file size showing 

and I do not get the renamed file showing in it's new name as it always has previously at the top of the screen 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences/File Handling and enable legacy save as.

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 2.50.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like more of a MacOS issue than an Adobe issue. Obviously they have changed things up a little to keep things 'cleaner'. Perhaps there is something in the settings if I am understanding the problem correctly? I haven't been a Mac user for a number of years. I moved back to Windows because they made too many little changes to the OS. If you cannot change the settings to get the desired results then perhaps there is a 3rd party plugin you can download to show all of the file info! Failing that, Adobe Bridge is obviously a great alternative to view all of the file infomation and a high resolution preview!

Hope that helps!

Lawrence Mann
Digital Artist / YouTuber / Tech Consultant
www.LawrenceMann.co.uk
:pencil: Corel ‘Painter Master’ ELITE :pencil: Sketchable SketchARTISAN :pencil: Drobo Influencer :pencil: Lenovo INsider :pencil: XP-Pen Brand Friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See above. This was a necessary change to accommodate current Mac OS.

Changing the preference resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines