• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disk full photoshop not working properly

Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was trying to copy and paste one image in Photoshop I got the message that the scratch disc was full. I read some conversations here and cleaned as much as I could the Temp folder, but it still does not work. Now it doesn't show any messages, but when I try to copy an image to a new document, it creates a new layer and still does not paste the image.

The reason I am trying to copy & paste is to do a collage in Photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact systejm info and details about your actual settings for scratch disks, hardware acceleration and so on as well as the documents used we can't tell you much. As a start delete the preferences so they get rebuilt with defaults. You may accidentally have mistweaked a setting and it's now screwy. Also clean out the scratch disk folders and system temp files. There may be remnants that block operations. Beyond that of course the standard things apply like checking graphics drivers and the system overall. It may also be worth creating an alternate user account on your machine and see if the issues occur there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a lot of information and I don't have any idea how to start doing what you suggest. I appreciate you trying to help but for these suggestions are too vague for someone who doesn't have any IT education.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, keeping it simple: you need a lot of free disk space. You need to know how to get more free disk space. It may involve changing your computer, or deleting a lot of stuff, knowing what you are doing. If this is too hard (and it can be hard) seek help from a friend or professional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different things. You've managed to clear out enough space to stop the scratch disk messages for now - but that has nothing to do with any pasting behavior.

You need to tell us exactly what type of image you're copying from and what you're pasting into, as well as how you made the selection to copy. Screenshots would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited the photos in Lightroom and then sent them to Photoshop to make a collage with them. 

When in Photoshop I create a new document ( File>New ) where all the images will be assembled.

To copy the images that are already open in Photoshop into the new document, I hit Ctrl+A - Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V so they are pasted into the new document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you've at least 50GB free on your scratch disk. Photoshop needs a lot. Deleting a few files won't solve your problem, you may need a bigger or extra disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines