• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Help - Photoshop shows the same amount of free storage on internal & external drives

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop says both my internal drive and my external drive have exactly the same amount of free space even though my external drive has significantly more free space. I have 159 gb free on my disk and photoshop is saying I only have 6.17 gb, same as my internal drive. I reformatted my external drive, reinstalled photoshop, cleared all my preferences, etc. I use a 2017 MacBook pro.Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 3.41.13 PM.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the scratch disk issue. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually instead of doing that through the Preferences panel using the steps mentioned in the article: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this didn't work. I am on Mojave.  I changed permissions in both Accessibility and 
Full Disk Access, restarted twice, and no change. My Covid drive (yes lol, I am a teacher marking lockdown projects) has almost 2T of space. I am seriously sick of this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. None of 'em. I've got 1,42 Tb of free space and here I am, having to waste my time surfing the web looking for a solution instead of working on what I've gotta work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here , it's extremely frustrating. I have 400GB on my external drive, selected as scratch disk and shows me the same size as my mac - a lousy 10GB... anyone has a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever you do, don't call the tech service - they will give you crap for hours and they won't solve a thing. I had to change computers to see this problem thru. I do not know what's goin' on with Adobe - specially with Adobe Photoshop - lately, but they're screwin' it up big time... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines