• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disks full, BUT THEY'RE NOT!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I have recently installed Photoshop in November and since then I'm having problems with scratch disks full. I have already read all the troubleshoots, comments, tuts and more and I still have this problem and it's driving me nuts! I have 16gig ram, over 300 gigs special for photoshop. When I have one file open and want to save as jpeg it tells me scratch disks are full, THIS IS [inappropriate language removed by moderator] ! I don't know what to do to be able do do even basic operations. Is this also happening to you?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

If you want help change your tone.

For info the folk who choose to answer here are mainly volunteers, not employees. We can choose to help, or ignore, and it somewhat cheeky asking a question on 17 February, ignoring the person who answered you until 23rd then using insulting language in several posts and demanding a response.

Your screenshot message says insufficient RAM not scratch disk. How big is the file you are attempting to open?

What have you done so far in locating the issue (e.g. r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Oliver Miles 

You didn't say what you did for troubleshooting or how much free space you have on your hard drive. Try each of these steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-scratch-disk-is-full.html

One thing we have seen to cause this issue is when folks accidentally set the image size to 1000 inches x 1000 inches instead of 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels, for instance.

Let us know what happens after each step.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for days now to post a reply, this dialogue box never showed up!

Here are some screen captures.

I am SOOOOOOOO frustrated with this disk business that won't let you work with one file open.

As I've stated, I have plenty of free space on my computer, I have no other programs open, I can't even add a blur without it telling me it's full!

This is making me HATE CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for your information I do not confuse inches with pixels!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blame is on you Adobe, not my computer!

when I shut down photoshop and restart it, it finally finds space to let me do a couple things then the disk message.

IT'S A BUG ON YOUR PROGRAM, FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for NOT answering...

Great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, I will start this conversation all over again, and again, and again, and again...

Till I get some [removed by moderator] answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so you're here to police my language, but not give answers.

I'm sorry, is this kindergarden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame on you people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

come out to play moderator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? Too busy making sure people aren't cursing at your failing product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm paying good money for something that doesn't work and all you do is treat my like a five year old!

You people are USELESS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed by moderator] !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help change your tone.

For info the folk who choose to answer here are mainly volunteers, not employees. We can choose to help, or ignore, and it somewhat cheeky asking a question on 17 February, ignoring the person who answered you until 23rd then using insulting language in several posts and demanding a response.

Your screenshot message says insufficient RAM not scratch disk. How big is the file you are attempting to open?

What have you done so far in locating the issue (e.g. reset preferences or other steps)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can read enough French to see that your error message says nothing about scratch disk. Rather it is about memory. May still be a bug, but at least give us the right info. And no, we don't work for Adobe, and don't much care whether you fix this. You lost all chance of help, I think, thanks to your attitude. Have a nice day, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screenshots of my preferences, my computer is brand new, with 16 gigs of ram and over 300gigs free space for photoshop to use. I am on windows 10. I have tried all the troubleshoots. I have to restart photoshop to bypass momentarely the problem and it comes back. When this happens I often have 1 file open, no other program running, and still the disks are full error!

If your answer is, "look at the troubleshoot", please spare me!

(Duplicate post with reply merged.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Oliver,

We're sorry for the scratch disk issue and thank you for sharing the screenshots. Are you seeing this issue after the recent update of Photoshop? Also, which Photoshop version do you have installed?

Could you please share a screenshot of Photoshop preference files? Go to C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings folder and take a screenshot in list view so that we can see the preferences files and along with their respective size on the hard drive.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines